[Help]Games slow downs after sometime

Gamer04

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Hello,
My PC specs : Intel Celeron D 3.06Ghz Processor,3Gb DDR2 Ram, Gefore 9400GT 1GB GFX card, and 320 Gb HDD bla bla bla

My Problem is When i start Playing games they works fine at beginning but after few minutes it starts lagging ,when i checked the task manager the CPU usage goes to 100%,i checked in BIOS the temperature goes to 80, so i applied thermal paste on processor, but there is no difference,it still lags after few minutes ,(Every game lags after few minutes)Please help.

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
This is a strange problem, i can see how not having enough memory could do this, but you have 3gb.

Maybe try increasing the page file (right click my computer > props > advanced system settings > performance > advanced) change the virtual memory to 4000mb.

I cant promise this will stop your problem but its all i can think of right now.

Gamer04

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Well i did changed it, Now.. Can it be Problem of Processor ? and Why the hell temperature is going that much high ? :S even if i close those games after they starts lagging ,pc does not works smooth, the cursor behaves like its skipping frames (Not smooth) ,folders/drives takes too much time to open, i had to shut down my PC, after some hours it works fine when i turn it ON, but again after sometime it starts lagging, its just freaking annoying,i punched my PC cabinet twice today :|

i have installed two cabinet fans,GPU is absolutely perfect, CPU temp goes high.

P.S : There is no virus problem, i just formatted my PC yesterday and i am using Quick Heal AV Pro 2012 (Updated)

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010

It is a classic heat issue, i didn't think of that as its pretty early in the morning >.>

how much thermal paste did you apply? are the push pins fully engaged, no movement at all, its really easy to not do it fully. Is your heat sink full of dust.

if it is one of these http://ark.intel.com/products/27974/Intel-Celeron-D-Processor-347-(512K-Cache-3_06-GHz-533-MHz-FSB)

then you should be topping out at 69C, so you are throttling hence the slow down.

Check voltages in bios against the link, or the right processor if that one isn't it. There are only two things that will let it get that hot, either a poor HSF installation or too high a voltage. You may need to reset the bios to defaults incase it has errored in some way and has starting giving a higher voltage than is required.

Gamer04

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012

Yup that's my Processor,i had placed it properly in it's place,i totally cleaned the heat sink,no dust. btw what do you mean by 'throttling' ? :S i had reset the BIOS to Default already, do i need to set the values manually ?
i applied thermal paste on both the top of processor and bottom of Heat sink (Applied neatly,not insanely :kaola: )

Whoa, thermal paste typically needs between a grain of rice and a pea sized amount on the top of the chip, the pressure then spreads it out into a really thin layer, too thik and it'll start to act like an insulator, think of a smear of psate rather than layer of paste.

Gamer04

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
OK thanks for the help, processor working fine now, now there is one more problem, it worked fine for 2 days, but now...

There is no display, when i connect the vga cable to my GFX card , there is no display, keyboard lights lblinks bnd then nothing aft er that, so i connected the vga cable to Motrerboards vga slot and pc works fine , i had reset the CMOS but still problem. gfx cardr fan is working, what to do ???? :(

remove and reseat card, check bios for PEG/PCI-E vs Internal GPU, should be PEG/PCI-E (PEG = PCI Express Graphics = PCI-E)
Check power to card.
Check card in someone elses machine, card could have died, it would have been under less stress whilst the CPU is throttling, and now that cpu is not throttling it would have allowed the card to run at full speed. But thats a really bad co-incidence, I do not expect that this is the problem.

Gamer04

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I had done reseting card many times, but still no display :( i will check it in friends PC, as its under warranty i can replace it :) but that will take month for replacing from manufacturing company, GFX card is enabled in CMOS..

lewza

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Sounds stupid, have you installed the driver for the card?

Check that the power is inserted in to the card correctly.

If it is enabled in the BIOS and the BIOS can see the card, the driver is installed ok and the video works through Mobo and not GPU im gonna say its skrewwwwwwed lol.

What ports are on your graphics card? Have you tried VGA, DVA and HDMI just in case its the port.

Gamer04

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
U think i am stupid ? :| i am using it since many days it just stopped working today, that means drivers are installed duh ! my mobo's GFX slot is not working , i tested my gfx card in friends PC and its working fine in his PC ,SO the slot is not working i guess..