Is this posssible? Videocard setup; Suggestions?

Here's the story,

I recently purchased a Yamakasi Cateleap Q270 monitor primarily for gaming at 2560x1400 resolutions. I had been gaming with a PNY GTX 460 OC 1GB video card but at this resolution a few of my games performed sluggishly - Battlefield3, Sleeping dogs, Diablo3, Spec OPS the Line. So i decided to upgrade and went with a MSI 7870 hawk 2GB based on gaming performance at 2560x1600 resolution.

The 7870 Hawk ran Battlefield 3, Spec OPS the Line & Sleeping dogs beautifully at 2560x1400 resolution. But struggled with games that ran very well on the older GTX 460 - Here is a list of games that ran poorly on the 7870 Hawk - Blur, Diablo 3, Crysis1 & Max Payne 3. Sometimes i would dial back the resolution to 1920x1080 on games and get no real performance improvement which is strange since the GTX 460 was released a few years ago.

Since both cards perform differently based on game. Is it possible to have both cards installed and set games to run on a specific card? for example - Set Blur to launch on the GTX 460 and Battlefield 3 to launch on the 7870 Hawk

Please advice.
1 answer Last reply
More about posssible videocard setup suggestions
  1. It wouldn't really be worth it to have both cards installed at the same time unless you were running Physx.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Resolution Games Gaming Graphics