TIER1_Christian

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
I just built my first pc. When I go under the computer settings my SSD is there and I can see its files but not my HDD. It will not let me select the HDD as a place to save to. When I go under the control panel it shows up in the list and the computer says that it is working properly.

Solution
If its brand new, you are going to need to go into the "Computer" section of your Windows (assuming you are running 7).

Then, when you can see your SSD with how much storage, navigate over to the left side of the window, where it says "Computer" again.

Right click on computer and hit "Manage."

Then go down to "Disk Management." If the HDD is not initialized, it will appear with a black stripe. Then you just need to create a new partition that extends the length of the drive.
If its brand new, you are going to need to go into the "Computer" section of your Windows (assuming you are running 7).

Then, when you can see your SSD with how much storage, navigate over to the left side of the window, where it says "Computer" again.

Right click on computer and hit "Manage."

Then go down to "Disk Management." If the HDD is not initialized, it will appear with a black stripe. Then you just need to create a new partition that extends the length of the drive.

Solution

TIER1_Christian

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012

Thanks a lot. It is usable now.