My sisters were hit by a car last night.

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.

Best wishes appreciated.
--
Stephenls
Geek

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> was heard mumbling something about...

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they
> were cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll
> see what happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk
> later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Give them my best wishes, and I'll be sure to send bad mojo to the idiot
driver.

--
"Mogu is a tiny golem wife ... and your best friend ...
and your worst nightmare."

The Wiblovian Institute of Kibology - http://www.aros.net/~jchapman

Stephenls wrote:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

I am tremendously sorry, Lea. I hope your sisters feel better soon.

People who hit children while violating traffic laws should be assraped
with sharped rebar.

--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]

"Mmm! Power lines and paint chips! My childhood ROCKS!" -- Fighter,
8-bit Theatre

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<2jgqgcF11abj9U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor),

twins?

> and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes for them, Stephen. May their recovery be quick and
perfect, and may they keep watching Invader Zim, even when they return
home.

--
@ @ Nockermensch.

The moving finger of Stephenls wrote and then moved on:
>Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes sent.

plorkwort.
--
Septimus: So the Improved Newtonian Universe must cease and grow cold. Dear me.
Thomasina: Yes, we must hurry if we are going to dance.

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage
> below the waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's
> minor), and they were cogent enough at the hospital to be
> quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what happens with the guy
> who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

The GoodViboTron mounted atop Gokmop Towers has been put on a
special intensive duty cycle in order to provide the necessary
best wishes, and the steerable nulls tweaked to avoid sending any
to the twerplike driver.

The thyristors are humming with barely-restrained power and
purple sparks periodically crackle along the guttering.

ThwoomThwoomThwoomThwoomTHWOOMTHWOOMTHWOOM

All the best,

John.

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

"Stephenls"

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were >
cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what >
happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.

> Best wishes appreciated.

Sorry to hear about that. Glad they'll be fine.

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Glad to hear it was nothing serious.

Nimrod...
--
....who was himself victim of a hit 'n' run outside his own home when he was
four.

In rec.games.frp.dnd, Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

gps coordinates verified and locked, target is lit.
best wishes incoming in 5, mark.

--
drow@visi.com /\ /\
>><><< /\/' \ / '\/\
/' \'' \/\ /\ /\/ ''/ '\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ n''''' '\/\/\/' \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ ''' '' n '\/\/\

Nockermensch wrote:

> twins?

Yup.

Thank you, everyone. They seem to be doing well.
--
Stephenls
Geek
"I'm as impure as the driven yellow snow." -Spike

william

Stephenls wrote:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes granted.

May you go for a walk in the park with them sometime soon, and many
times a long time from now.

William

Stephenls wrote:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.

Best wishes to them. And to him ... well, hoping that justice is
served.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

.... and all you got was a lousy T-shirt, right? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

> Best wishes appreciated.

I'm wishing as well as I am able. Would they appreciate some ARK-themed
stories to help them endure their recuperation?

--Jeremy

--

Jeremy Impson
jdimpson can be contacted at acm dot org

John D Salt <jdsalt_AT_gotadsl.co.uk> wrote:
>Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in
>> Best wishes appreciated.
>
>The GoodViboTron mounted atop Gokmop Towers has been put on a
>special intensive duty cycle in order to provide the necessary
>best wishes, and the steerable nulls tweaked to avoid sending any
>to the twerplike driver.
>
>The thyristors are humming with barely-restrained power and
>purple sparks periodically crackle along the guttering.
>
>ThwoomThwoomThwoomThwoomTHWOOMTHWOOMTHWOOM

This is my favorite illustrated free verse of the week.

Dave "...but how does it _smell_?" DeLaney

Nockermensch wrote:

> Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<2jgqgcF11abj9U1@uni-berlin.de>...
>
>>But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>>waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor),
>
> twins?

And they're cute. AND they like RPGs.

I will now sell the telephone number of the Stephenls household to the
highest bidder. Shall we start at $1,000?
--

Wiblur the Once <wiblur@comcast.net> wrote in

> Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> was heard mumbling something about...
>
>> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they
>> were cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll
>> see what happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk
>> later.
>>
>> Best wishes appreciated.
>
> Give them my best wishes,

Mine too,very relieved they're going to be okay,but...

and I'll be sure to send bad mojo to the idiot

I wouldn't wish _my_ Mojo on anyone.

On second thought,he IS one big-assed dog,capable
of removing an asshat driver's leg off at the thigh in one bite.

Terri

Stephenls wrote:

> Best wishes appreciated.

Not cool. I hope they stay fine and that the guy gets punished.

--
Christopher Adams
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nath Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

You're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person.
But every once in a while you just can be a real wise and beautiful woman.
- Bill

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.tom-servo,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:

>But they're okay. No broken bones, some
>soft tissue damage below the waist (they'll
>heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor),
>and they were cogent enough at the
>hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll
>see what happens with the guy who didn't
>slow down at the crosswalk later.

>Best wishes appreciated.

How insensitive of you not having bought them both jetpacks yet.

Mr. Hole

http://www.stopfcc.com/

"You would make a destructive god, Mr. Hole, but as a human, you remain
pathetic and ineffectual." -- Heck

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes wished. Glad that they're OK.

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

What are they, trying to be Poot Rootbeer? He got hit on his way to work
last week, and was also OK. Hope they're doing well.

¬R http://users.bestweb.net/~notr/arkville.html /// I look down my
nose at people who think they are better than other people. --Kibo

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim.

wah! get weller soon!

> We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.

I'm sure he'll be JUST FINE, and even quoting Homer in no time.

hopefully the bit from when he was falling down the cliff.

butting

timc

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 at 20:29 GMT, CARRIER LOST (aka Bruce)
> In rec.games.frp.dnd, Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
>> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
>> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
>> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>>
>> Best wishes appreciated.
>
> gps coordinates verified and locked, target is lit.
> best wishes incoming in 5, mark.

And on my "tool", gps coordinates verified and locked, target is
lit. ICBM incoming in 5, mark.

(for the asshat driver, that is).

We would be called technicians, not researchers, if we knew
what we were doing

timc

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 at 18:27 GMT, Stephenls (aka Bruce)
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor)

woot. Probably lots of trauma though?

> We'll see what happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the
> crosswalk later.

So you got the details of the asshat? Yay!

Pity he won't be sent to Guantanamo Bay or Abu Ghraib -- one of the
places that will be fit for him.

That [Tim-Tam] would be the Classic. Not to be confused with the
Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate, and Double Chocolate flavour.
(Personally, I prefer Cadbury's Doubles myself. Tim Tams don't taste
enough of chocolate.) -- Faceless Man on ARK

Stephenls wrote:

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for both of them.

The U.S. is a strange place. They build crosswalks everywhere, but
design and build roads to make crosswalks obsolete. In Europe they
build crosswalks properly, and don't have room to build the roads
to the extent necessary to impact crosswalks, plus people there
respect pedestians a bit more, so crosswalks pretty much work as
intended. In Mexico, they build crosswalks, but it doesn't mean a
thing as you can be rundown on the sidewalk too, or even inside a
building. With crosswalks, it's best to think of the U.S. as less
than Mexico, on account, in Mexico, at least you are aware you
need to be looking out for errant drivers, the moment you cross
the threshold of your doorway.

Re,
Dirk

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Dirk Collins wrote:

> Stephenls wrote:
>
>> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
>> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
>> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>>
>> Best wishes appreciated.
>

> Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for both of them.
>
> The U.S. is a strange place. They build crosswalks everywhere, but
> design and build roads to make crosswalks obsolete. In Europe they build
> crosswalks properly, and don't have room to build the roads to the
> extent necessary to impact crosswalks, plus people there respect
> pedestians a bit more, so crosswalks pretty much work as intended. In
> Mexico, they build crosswalks, but it doesn't mean a thing as you can be
> rundown on the sidewalk too, or even inside a building. With crosswalks,
> it's best to think of the U.S. as less than Mexico, on account, in
> Mexico, at least you are aware you need to be looking out for errant
> drivers, the moment you cross the threshold of your doorway.

What about Canadia? 'Cuz that's where it happened. I 'spect.

--Jeremy