Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My sisters were hit by a car last night.

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 3:27:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.

Best wishes appreciated.
--
Stephenls
Geek
"I'm as impure as the driven yellow snow." -Spike

More about : sisters hit car night

Anonymous
June 18, 2004 7:30:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> was heard mumbling something about...

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they
> were cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll
> see what happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk
> later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Give them my best wishes, and I'll be sure to send bad mojo to the idiot
driver.

--
"Mogu is a tiny golem wife ... and your best friend ...
and your worst nightmare."
- Joe Bay

The Wiblovian Institute of Kibology - http://www.aros.net/~jchapman
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 8:04:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls wrote:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

I am tremendously sorry, Lea. I hope your sisters feel better soon.

People who hit children while violating traffic laws should be assraped
with sharped rebar.

--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]

"Mmm! Power lines and paint chips! My childhood ROCKS!" -- Fighter,
8-bit Theatre
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 9:18:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<2jgqgcF11abj9U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor),

twins?

> and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes for them, Stephen. May their recovery be quick and
perfect, and may they keep watching Invader Zim, even when they return
home.

--
@ @ Nockermensch.
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 10:56:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

The moving finger of Stephenls wrote and then moved on:
>Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes sent.

plorkwort.
--
Septimus: So the Improved Newtonian Universe must cease and grow cold. Dear me.
Thomasina: Yes, we must hurry if we are going to dance.
--Tom Stoppard, _Arcadia_
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 11:12:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in
news:2jgqgcF11abj9U1@uni-berlin.de:

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage
> below the waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's
> minor), and they were cogent enough at the hospital to be
> quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what happens with the guy
> who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

The GoodViboTron mounted atop Gokmop Towers has been put on a
special intensive duty cycle in order to provide the necessary
best wishes, and the steerable nulls tweaked to avoid sending any
to the twerplike driver.

The thyristors are humming with barely-restrained power and
purple sparks periodically crackle along the guttering.

ThwoomThwoomThwoomThwoomTHWOOMTHWOOMTHWOOM

All the best,

John.
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 11:44:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

"Stephenls"

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were >
cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what >
happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.

> Best wishes appreciated.

Sorry to hear about that. Glad they'll be fine.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 12:07:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Glad to hear it was nothing serious.

Nimrod...
--
....who was himself victim of a hit 'n' run outside his own home when he was
four.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 12:29:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

In rec.games.frp.dnd, Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

gps coordinates verified and locked, target is lit.
best wishes incoming in 5, mark.

--
drow@visi.com /\ /\
>><><< /\/' \ / '\/\
/' \'' \/\ /\ /\/ ''/ '\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ n''''' '\/\/\/' \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ ''' '' n '\/\/\
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 1:06:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Nockermensch wrote:

> twins?

Yup.

Thank you, everyone. They seem to be doing well.
--
Stephenls
Geek
"I'm as impure as the driven yellow snow." -Spike
June 19, 2004 2:12:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls wrote:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes granted.

May you go for a walk in the park with them sometime soon, and many
times a long time from now.

William
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 2:58:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls wrote:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.

Best wishes to them. And to him ... well, hoping that justice is
served.




--
Sea Wasp
/^\
;;;
Live Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/seawasp/
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 3:18:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

.... and all you got was a lousy T-shirt, right? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

> Best wishes appreciated.

I'm wishing as well as I am able. Would they appreciate some ARK-themed
stories to help them endure their recuperation?

--Jeremy

--

Jeremy Impson
jdimpson can be contacted at acm dot org
http://impson.tzo.com/~jdimpson
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 4:12:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

John D Salt <jdsalt_AT_gotadsl.co.uk> wrote:
>Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in
>> Best wishes appreciated.
>
>The GoodViboTron mounted atop Gokmop Towers has been put on a
>special intensive duty cycle in order to provide the necessary
>best wishes, and the steerable nulls tweaked to avoid sending any
>to the twerplike driver.
>
>The thyristors are humming with barely-restrained power and
>purple sparks periodically crackle along the guttering.
>
>ThwoomThwoomThwoomThwoomTHWOOMTHWOOMTHWOOM

This is my favorite illustrated free verse of the week.

Dave "...but how does it _smell_?" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from dbd@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower
It's not the clock that slows the hour The definition's plain for anyone to see
Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeable<BLINK>
http://www.vic.com/~dbd/ - net.legends FAQ & Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 4:30:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Nockermensch wrote:

> Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<2jgqgcF11abj9U1@uni-berlin.de>...
>
>>But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>>waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor),
>
> twins?

And they're cute. AND they like RPGs.

I will now sell the telephone number of the Stephenls household to the
highest bidder. Shall we start at $1,000?
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]

"Mmm! Power lines and paint chips! My childhood ROCKS!" -- Fighter,
8-bit Theatre
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 4:30:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Wiblur the Once <wiblur@comcast.net> wrote in
news:Xns950C93AACB5ACwiblurcomcastnet@216.196.97.136:

> Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> was heard mumbling something about...
>
>> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they
>> were cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll
>> see what happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk
>> later.
>>
>> Best wishes appreciated.
>
> Give them my best wishes,

Mine too,very relieved they're going to be okay,but...

and I'll be sure to send bad mojo to the idiot

I wouldn't wish _my_ Mojo on anyone.

On second thought,he IS one big-assed dog,capable
of removing an asshat driver's leg off at the thigh in one bite.


Terri
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 4:42:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls wrote:
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Not cool. I hope they stay fine and that the guy gets punished.

--
Christopher Adams
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nath Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you
understand?

You're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person.
But every once in a while you just can be a real cunt.
- Bill
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 4:46:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.tom-servo,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:

>But they're okay. No broken bones, some
>soft tissue damage below the waist (they'll
>heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor),
>and they were cogent enough at the
>hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll
>see what happens with the guy who didn't
>slow down at the crosswalk later.

>Best wishes appreciated.

How insensitive of you not having bought them both jetpacks yet.






...
Mr. Hole

http://www.stopfcc.com/

"You would make a destructive god, Mr. Hole, but as a human, you remain
pathetic and ineffectual." -- Heck
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 4:47:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes wished. Glad that they're OK.


--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 5:21:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

What are they, trying to be Poot Rootbeer? He got hit on his way to work
last week, and was also OK. Hope they're doing well.

¬R http://users.bestweb.net/~notr/arkville.html /// I look down my
nose at people who think they are better than other people. --Kibo
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 5:21:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim.

wah! get weller soon!

> We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.

I'm sure he'll be JUST FINE, and even quoting Homer in no time.

hopefully the bit from when he was falling down the cliff.


butting
June 19, 2004 6:28:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 at 20:29 GMT, CARRIER LOST (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> In rec.games.frp.dnd, Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
>> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
>> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
>> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>>
>> Best wishes appreciated.
>
> gps coordinates verified and locked, target is lit.
> best wishes incoming in 5, mark.

And on my "tool", gps coordinates verified and locked, target is
lit. ICBM incoming in 5, mark.

(for the asshat driver, that is).

--
TimC -- http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/staff/tconnors/
We would be called technicians, not researchers, if we knew
what we were doing
June 19, 2004 6:31:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 at 18:27 GMT, Stephenls (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor)

woot. Probably lots of trauma though?

> We'll see what happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the
> crosswalk later.

So you got the details of the asshat? Yay!

Pity he won't be sent to Guantanamo Bay or Abu Ghraib -- one of the
places that will be fit for him.

--
TimC -- http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/staff/tconnors/
That [Tim-Tam] would be the Classic. Not to be confused with the
Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate, and Double Chocolate flavour.
(Personally, I prefer Cadbury's Doubles myself. Tim Tams don't taste
enough of chocolate.) -- Faceless Man on ARK
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 6:33:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls wrote:

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.


Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for both of them.

The U.S. is a strange place. They build crosswalks everywhere, but
design and build roads to make crosswalks obsolete. In Europe they
build crosswalks properly, and don't have room to build the roads
to the extent necessary to impact crosswalks, plus people there
respect pedestians a bit more, so crosswalks pretty much work as
intended. In Mexico, they build crosswalks, but it doesn't mean a
thing as you can be rundown on the sidewalk too, or even inside a
building. With crosswalks, it's best to think of the U.S. as less
than Mexico, on account, in Mexico, at least you are aware you
need to be looking out for errant drivers, the moment you cross
the threshold of your doorway.

Re,
Dirk
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 7:01:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Dirk Collins wrote:

> Stephenls wrote:
>
>> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
>> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
>> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>>
>> Best wishes appreciated.
>
>
> Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for both of them.
>
> The U.S. is a strange place. They build crosswalks everywhere, but
> design and build roads to make crosswalks obsolete. In Europe they build
> crosswalks properly, and don't have room to build the roads to the
> extent necessary to impact crosswalks, plus people there respect
> pedestians a bit more, so crosswalks pretty much work as intended. In
> Mexico, they build crosswalks, but it doesn't mean a thing as you can be
> rundown on the sidewalk too, or even inside a building. With crosswalks,
> it's best to think of the U.S. as less than Mexico, on account, in
> Mexico, at least you are aware you need to be looking out for errant
> drivers, the moment you cross the threshold of your doorway.

What about Canadia? 'Cuz that's where it happened. I 'spect.


--Jeremy

--

Jeremy Impson
jdimpson can be contacted at acm dot org
http://impson.tzo.com/~jdimpson
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 7:26:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

"Stephenls" <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:2jgqgcF11abj9U1@uni-berlin.de...
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Bummer. Best wishes.

--
--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

from _Invictus_, by William Ernest Henley
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 7:59:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

"Stephenls" <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:2jgqgcF11abj9U1@uni-berlin.de...

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue
damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's
minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader
Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the
crosswalk later.

The annoying thing about idiots with cars is that they
cause a lot of damage, and sadly rarely to themselves
only.

Your sisters were lucky.

> Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes to your family. Really.

> --
> Stephenls
> Geek
> "I'm as impure as the driven yellow snow." -Spike


--
Juho Lankinen
--
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 7:59:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Juho Lankinen <lankinenNO@SPAMwelho.com> wrote:
>The annoying thing about idiots with cars is that they
>cause a lot of damage, and sadly rarely to themselves only.

One of my redeeeming qualities is that, out of all the auto accidents I've
had so far, I've never injured anyone -else-. (And myself only once, cracked
a rib a bit, thank YOU Mr. Seat Belt!)

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from dbd@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower
It's not the clock that slows the hour The definition's plain for anyone to see
Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeable<BLINK>
http://www.vic.com/~dbd/ - net.legends FAQ & Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 8:16:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

"Malachias Invictus" <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:WnOAc.65643$eu.24255@attbi_s02...
>
> "Stephenls" <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:2jgqgcF11abj9U1@uni-berlin.de...
> > But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> > waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> > cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> > happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
> >
> > Best wishes appreciated.
>
> Bummer. Best wishes.

Oh yeah, one more thing:

Get on the legal stuff quickly, including the negligent party's information,
insurance, possible assets, etc. Trust me. Also, do not be bullshitted by
claims adjusters. Generally, it is a good idea to grab a personal injury
attorney (they are *very* unlikely to be successfully bullshitted by claims
adjusters). Also, err on the side of too much medical care and physical
therapy rather than too little; injuries like this can be sneaky and cause
problems down the road, especially with the spine.

--
--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

from _Invictus_, by William Ernest Henley
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 8:37:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Richard Clayton startled all and sundry by ejaculating the following
words of wisdom

>> twins?
>
> And they're cute. AND they like RPGs.
>
> I will now sell the telephone number of the Stephenls household
> to the
> highest bidder. Shall we start at $1,000?

Isn't that like 15c in real money?

--
Rob Singers
"All your Ron are belong to us"
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 8:48:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls wrote:

> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.


Best wishes and prayers to you and yours.

Mags
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 9:06:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

In article
<slrn-0.9.7.4-8238-18781-200406191226-tc@hexane.ssi.swin.edu.au>,
TimC <tconnors@no.astro.spam.swin.accepted.edu.here.au> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 at 20:29 GMT, CARRIER LOST (aka Bruce)
> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> > In rec.games.frp.dnd, Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
> >> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> >> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> >> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> >> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
> >>
> >> Best wishes appreciated.
> >
> > gps coordinates verified and locked, target is lit.
> > best wishes incoming in 5, mark.
>
> And on my "tool", gps coordinates verified and locked, target is
> lit. sharpened rebar incoming in 5, mark.
>
> (for the asshat driver, that is).

IFYPFY.

Sadly, asshat drivers are one of those universal things that appear
everywhere.

I hope the girls are better soon.

--
Faceless Man anome@mac.com "There are no differences of degree
Associate Anomaly Analyst but differences of degree between
Australasian Association for the different differences of degree
Analysis of Anomalous Arcana and no difference." - William James
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 10:02:39 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Dirk Collins wrote:
> In Europe they build crosswalks properly, and don't have room to build the roads to the
> extent necessary to impact crosswalks, plus people there respect
> pedestians a bit more, so crosswalks pretty much work as intended.

I'm guessing you've never been to Italy.

--
Stephen Weir

New Year's Resolution # 1: I will not argue with idiots on Usenet!
List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 10:40:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

"David DeLaney" <dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com> wrote in
message news:slrncd7bj2.pr5.dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com...
> Juho Lankinen <lankinenNO@SPAMwelho.com> wrote:
> >The annoying thing about idiots with cars is that
they
> >cause a lot of damage, and sadly rarely to themselves
only.
>
> One of my redeeeming qualities is that, out of all the
auto accidents I've
> had so far, I've never injured anyone -else-. (And
myself only once, cracked
> a rib a bit, thank YOU Mr. Seat Belt!)

Oh, so you are a _good_ one. It is nice people take time
to injure themselves.

Makes me feel all warm and happy inside.

> Dave
> --


--
Juho Lankinen
--
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor
safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 1:12:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls squarked:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they
> were cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll
> see what happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk
> later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.
It is a good thing that young bounce. Here is to not having long-term
physical effects (and preferably not to many mental ones either... everyone
forgets memories).
--
Picks-at-Flies
A flamewarrior, making a valiant stand against the Evil Scooby Gang.
http://www.werepenguin.net
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 1:51:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls wrote:
>
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

You have all my best wishes.

--
Elizabeth D. Brooks | kali.magdalene@comcast.net | US2002021724
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG
AeonAdventure | "Dobby likes us!" -- Smeagol
-- http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/view/6856
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 3:53:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com (David DeLaney) wrote in
news:slrncd7bj2.pr5.dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com:

>
> One of my redeeeming qualities is that, out of all the auto accidents
> I've had so far, I've never injured anyone -else-.

How many have you had?

(And myself only
> once, cracked a rib a bit, thank YOU Mr. Seat Belt!)

I once cracked a rib.I hope never to do so again.
Coughing and laughing take on a whole new meaning of the word "pain".
(Important data point for Kibo's torture arsenal.)

One accident here involving only myself,a road,a canyon
and a pine tree. My complete rollover down the canyon did some minor damage
to my shoulder,but I was able to climb out of the skyward pointing
passenger window after I came to,supremely pleased that my
seatbelt kept my head from being squashed like melon by the
cab that had wrapped itself around the steering wheel.

I too,would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr.Seat Belt.
We're mates and best buddies.

Terri
June 19, 2004 5:09:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls wrote:

> Best wishes appreciated.

Given gladly.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 7:04:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
> Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes. Fire up the Life sphere for the girls and the Entropy
sphere for some poetic justice.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 9:00:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 01:21:12 -0400, Glenn Knickerbocker <NotR@bestweb.net>
wrote:

>What are they, trying to be Poot Rootbeer? He got hit on his way to work
>last week, and was also OK. Hope they're doing well.
>

Mang, this has _definitely_ not been a good week. Best wishes to everyone,
including stephenls, stephenls' sisters, poot, and angelsboi's family.


--
Hong Ooi | "Well, that about WANGER up the
hong@zipworld.com.au | WANGER of your WANGER, Hong.
http://www.zipworld.com.au/~hong/dnd/ | WANGER."
Sydney, Australia | -- MSB
June 19, 2004 9:00:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 at 07:00 GMT, Hong Ooi (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 01:21:12 -0400, Glenn Knickerbocker <NotR@bestweb.net>
> wrote:
>
>>What are they, trying to be Poot Rootbeer? He got hit on his way to work
>>last week, and was also OK. Hope they're doing well.
>>
>
> Mang, this has _definitely_ not been a good week. Best wishes to everyone,
> including stephenls, stephenls' sisters, poot, and angelsboi's family.

And worst wishes to asshat.

--
TimC -- http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/staff/tconnors/
Press any key to continue, any other key to abort
-- thrillbert's code
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 9:00:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

In article
<slrn-0.9.7.4-1090-31601-200406191820-tc@hexane.ssi.swin.edu.au>,
TimC <tconnors@no.astro.spam.swin.accepted.edu.here.au> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 at 07:00 GMT, Hong Ooi (aka Bruce)
> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> > On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 01:21:12 -0400, Glenn Knickerbocker <NotR@bestweb.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>What are they, trying to be Poot Rootbeer? He got hit on his way to work
> >>last week, and was also OK. Hope they're doing well.
> >>
> >
> > Mang, this has _definitely_ not been a good week. Best wishes to everyone,
> > including stephenls, stephenls' sisters, poot, and angelsboi's family.
>
> And worst wishes to asshat.

I can't believe the SAME GUY hit all of them.

--p
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 3:27:04 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Stephen Weir wrote:

> Dirk Collins wrote:
>
>> In Europe they build crosswalks properly, and don't have room to build
>> the roads to the extent necessary to impact crosswalks, plus people
>> there respect pedestians a bit more, so crosswalks pretty much work as
>> intended.
>
>
> I'm guessing you've never been to Italy.

Rome actually. But never had to drive... only landed, switched
plains, and continued onward. Milan and/or Florence or on the
Family summer vacation list though.

Re,
Dirk
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 4:30:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 04:16:48 GMT, "Malachias Invictus"
<capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>"Malachias Invictus" <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:WnOAc.65643$eu.24255@attbi_s02...
>>
>> "Stephenls" <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> news:2jgqgcF11abj9U1@uni-berlin.de...
>> > But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>> > waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
>> > cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
>> > happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>> >
>> > Best wishes appreciated.
>>
>> Bummer. Best wishes.

Ditto.

>Oh yeah, one more thing:
>
>Get on the legal stuff quickly, including the negligent party's information,
>insurance, possible assets, etc. Trust me. Also, do not be bullshitted by
>claims adjusters. Generally, it is a good idea to grab a personal injury
>attorney (they are *very* unlikely to be successfully bullshitted by claims
>adjusters). Also, err on the side of too much medical care and physical
>therapy rather than too little; injuries like this can be sneaky and cause
>problems down the road, especially with the spine.

I hope they're in a different part of Canada than I am. In an attempt
to moderate 'skyrocketing' insurance costs, our lovely government is
pushing settlement caps. Particularly wrt 'soft tissue damage.'


--
Never underestimate the ability of others to
misinterpret what you've said.
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 4:30:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

First Prophet of Kaos wrote:

> I hope they're in a different part of Canada than I am. In an attempt
> to moderate 'skyrocketing' insurance costs, our lovely government is
> pushing settlement caps. Particularly wrt 'soft tissue damage.'

We're in Vancouver.
--
Stephenls
Geek
"I'm as impure as the driven yellow snow." -Spike
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 5:17:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:04:26 GMT, "Bradd W. Szonye" <bradd+news@szonye.com>
wrote:

>Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:
>> But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>> waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
>> cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
>> happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>>
>> Best wishes appreciated.
>
>Best wishes. Fire up the Life sphere for the girls and the Entropy
>sphere for some poetic justice.

1) Cure light wounds is only 10 gp per casting. If all else fails, there's
raise dead, unless you're in a low-magic campaign.

2) Someone do a buff/scry/teleport and nail the bastard's ass.


--
Hong Ooi | "Well, that about WANGER up the
hong@zipworld.com.au | WANGER of your WANGER, Hong.
http://www.zipworld.com.au/~hong/dnd/ | WANGER."
Sydney, Australia | -- MSB
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 8:23:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:27:36 -0700, Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
>cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
>happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>
>Best wishes appreciated.

Best wishes sent.

Let me know if you need to borrow my scythe.
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 4:42:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On 19 Jun 2004 11:53:00 GMT, dogsnus <dogsnus@micron.net> wrote:
>dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com (David DeLaney) wrote in
>> One of my redeeeming qualities is that, out of all the auto accidents
>> I've had so far, I've never injured anyone -else-.
>
>How many have you had?

Huh. Lemme check. In approximate order:

Car #1:
ran almost off the road coming down from Los Alamos after looking up and
finding I was on the wrong side of the road
(total damage: sheer terror, and sitting in the car for a bit shaking)
slid into and totally Destroyed a freeway lamp-post, section of fence, my
rear window, and my passenger's-side rear door, the first time I drove on
freeway snow
car engine caught on fire at a stoplight. Not exactly an accident as such, but
that was the end of car #1.

Car #2:
Turning left across a divided highway, either I or the other guy misjudged
the distance, and my front right fender panel got mooshed.
On the way to Cleveland Ohio from Albuquerque NM, nearly there, the
transmission expired in a cloud of gray smoke. End of car #2.

Car #3, the only one of them so far that was bought off a car lot which also
had new cars on it ... in Cleveland, sort of by necessity (so that every
so often I receive an advertisement from Spitzer Dodge in Cleveland OH, here
at my TN address):
Behaved in a lovely manner for several years. But at the time of one of
Knoxville's infrequent blizzards, it found some Ice to slide on, coming
towards the Kingston Pike intersection from the Papermill I-40 exit. There
was another car up ahead stopped at the light in the turning lane; I managed
to steer a bit, and _would have_ pretty much just scraaaped along the side
of the other car, maybe leaving a mark maybe not - except that the
inhabitants of said car decided, upon seeing my car sliding slowly towards
them, utterly out of control at maybe 15 mph, to abandon said car in both
directions. Leaving the doors open behind them, the right-hand one of which
my car took with it on its way past.
April 1 1997, this car got stolen and set on fire. Seeing as how the three
people involved apparently were _planning_ to commit mayhem of various kinds,
I don't think that really counts as an accident either, but it was the end of
car #3. I was carless and glassesless for a few months here, plus in severe
pain etc. The injuries were not connected _directly_ with the car, so I can't
count them. (If I ever find any of those three, though, there WILL BE more
severe injuries connected with this incident.)

Car #4, June or July 1997 or so, lasted a week or two - big old 1970-something
boat of a car, I think I paid $100 for it, and while driving on the freeway
past downtown one of its radiator hoses exploded. End of Car #4.

Cars #5 & 6 I bought about the same time, being under the impression that if
I had a _spare_ car handy I wouldn't have to _walk_ to a car dealer to get
another car when (not "if") my next car broke down - I was somewhat
disillusioned with cars at this point, plus still in pain.
Car #5:
turned out, in November of that year, to be susceptible to hydroplaning, and
did so, off the left side of the curvy bit of the James White Parkway exit
from I-40, and straight into a rock that was a couple feet across and a foot
or two high. Instant chevron-shaped Dent into the middle of the front of the
car, killing it fairly Dead; I had my seatbelt on, and found out a day or
two later that I _had_ apparently cracked a rib when I lay down on a bench
and stretched my arms mostly over my head and it cracked a bit more. (Luckily
the painkillers had not run out yet.) End of Car #5. This is the only one I
can remember where there was actual injury involved.

Car #6 lasted a couple more years; it had no air conditioner, and its radio
only worked when it wanted to, but it didn't really get in any accidents as
such. But on a trip to Cleveland, _its_ oil chamber or transmission or
something decided to give up the ghost, and it started slowing down on the
freeway, then a little bit later stopped entirely. End of car #6.

Car #7 has had a couple repair-related fun days, including the Leak in the
Radiator Hose and the Make a Right Turn Over Corner With Dip In It, Crack Axle
Bearing, and Later Have Axle Bearing Come Apart All Over Park Roadway. But for
_accidents_ all I've got (so far, of course) is the one from last August,
where slowing traffic for construction on I-40 by Papermill suddenly involved
the van two ahead of me _stopping_, the car ahead of me running into it and
stopping in turn, and me running into her car and stopping. Total damage to
the van: unknown, as it took off before I realized it was even involved, but
probably very minor / scratches on trailer hitch. Total damage to her car:
two minute scratches, one on either side, on the rear bumper; inverted
impression in the front bumper of 1/3 of a trailer-hitch sphere. Total damage
to my car: front mooshed in about two inches, so that now it has a Frowny Face,
and if I ever have maybe $700 to spare I can look around for another front-end
assembly for it. The headlights still work, though they point in slightly odd
directions now; the hood latch works, and nothing under it seems to have been
affected...but boy it -looks- dangerous from the front now.

>I once cracked a rib.I hope never to do so again.
>Coughing and laughing take on a whole new meaning of the word "pain".
>(Important data point for Kibo's torture arsenal.)

Yes, but bear in mind that I had been, all that year since April, recovering
from broken shoulder and three (or four) +broken+ ribs. Cracked rib was minor,
in comparison.

>One accident here involving only myself,a road,a canyon
>and a pine tree. My complete rollover down the canyon did some minor damage
>to my shoulder,but I was able to climb out of the skyward pointing
>passenger window after I came to,supremely pleased that my
>seatbelt kept my head from being squashed like melon by the
>cab that had wrapped itself around the steering wheel.

Seatbelts can be Very Good in that respect, yes. I'd much rather have my
kinetic energy absorbed all along a belt-wide line or two than concentrated
on a couple of points, even if the objects involved are NOT particularly
pointy...

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from dbd@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower
It's not the clock that slows the hour The definition's plain for anyone to see
Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeable<BLINK>
http://www.vic.com/~dbd/ - net.legends FAQ & Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 9:32:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 04:23:43 GMT, Theresa Willis <tdwillis@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:27:36 -0700, Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca>
>wrote:
>
>>But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>>waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
>>cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
>>happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>>
>>Best wishes appreciated.
>
>Best wishes sent.
>
>Let me know if you need to borrow my scythe.

Bah, the scythe's a weenie weapon. What you need is a mercurial greatsword.


--
Hong Ooi | "Well, that about WANGER up the
hong@zipworld.com.au | WANGER of your WANGER, Hong.
http://www.zipworld.com.au/~hong/dnd/ | WANGER."
Sydney, Australia | -- MSB
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 9:32:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.religion.kibology,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

Hong Ooi wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 04:23:43 GMT, Theresa Willis <tdwillis@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
>
>>On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:27:36 -0700, Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca>
>>wrote:
>>
>>
>>>But they're okay. No broken bones, some soft tissue damage below the
>>>waist (they'll heal; they're 15 years old and it's minor), and they were
>>>cogent enough at the hospital to be quoting Invader Zim. We'll see what
>>>happens with the guy who didn't slow down at the crosswalk later.
>>>
>>>Best wishes appreciated.
>>
>>Best wishes sent.
>>
>>Let me know if you need to borrow my scythe.
>
> Bah, the scythe's a weenie weapon. What you need is a mercurial greatsword.

Severian? Is that you?
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]

"Mmm! Power lines and paint chips! My childhood ROCKS!" -- Fighter,
8-bit Theatre
!