Sign in with
Your question

New build, not getting a anything on the monitor.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 10, 2012 9:39:53 PM

Hello,
I have just finished my new build from my old mother board to my new one. i plugged everything in and turned it on everything light up and all the fans came on, no beeps or anything. the problem is that i have nothing displayed on my monitor.

i tried 2 different monitors which have 2 different cables (one vga, another hdmi) still nothing

my graphics card was working just fine in my other computer and i tried a different one just incase.

the mother board is a biostar ta970xe
cpu amd fx 4100
8gb of ddr3 ram
graphics card geforce 8400 gs

PLEASE HELP

More about : build monitor

a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
September 10, 2012 9:53:16 PM

thatoneguy54321 said:
Hello,
I have just finished my new build from my old mother board to my new one. i plugged everything in and turned it on everything light up and all the fans came on, no beeps or anything. the problem is that i have nothing displayed on my monitor.

i tried 2 different monitors which have 2 different cables (one vga, another hdmi) still nothing

my graphics card was working just fine in my other computer and i tried a different one just incase.

the mother board is a biostar ta970xe
cpu amd fx 4100
8gb of ddr3 ram
graphics card geforce 8400 gs

PLEASE HELP

make sure you have the 4 pin pci power plug in it the white connector near your cpu. check that the mb not shorted out to the case that use used all the mb stand offs. if you think it a dead short on the mb try bread boarding.
m
l
September 12, 2012 5:29:02 AM

Turns out the problem was my graphics card was pci and my new mother board only boots from pci express 2.0 slots. I had never heard that before but it worked.
m
l
!