Sign in with
Your question

Keep running into problems with this new build

Last response: in Systems
November 6, 2012 11:44:02 PM

Ive asked several questions on here lately which have been are answered superbly by the community but I have another one
I'm doing a new build and I have everything up and running but there one issue, theres no signal getting to my monitor, everything is powered up and seems to be running smoothly but my monitor just sits there saying no signal, at first I thought it was the video card but I replaced it with an old one I had that Im 99% sure works and had the same problem, any ideas or suggestions?

Edit- Ive also tried removing the GPU and booting from the on board video but still not luck

More about : running problems build

November 6, 2012 11:55:13 PM

Have you plugged into the onboard port and see if you get video on it? Might have to make some adjustments in the BIOS for the default output or you have a video card with auxiliary power that isn't plugged in. Should be (usually) 6 pin, and usually on top rear of card...

What components are we dealing with if either of those things don't work?
a b C Monitor
November 6, 2012 11:57:48 PM

1. Turn off your computer then hit clear CMOS button on your motherboard. Load up defaults then reboot, enter bios and configure.

2. Is your 6pin/8pin power on your video card hooked up?

3. Is your Ram installed correctly?

4. Is your bios updated?

5. Is you CPU power connector connected?
Related resources
November 6, 2012 11:58:59 PM

scottiemedic said:
Have you plugged into the onboard port and see if you get video on it? Might have to make some adjustments in the BIOS for the default output or you have a video card with auxiliary power that isn't plugged in. Should be (usually) 6 pin, and usually on top rear of card...

What components are we dealing with if either of those things don't work?

Lol, I checked that right before I refreshed the screen to see new replies, I have a 560TI gfx, 700 Watt PSU, i5 3570, and a MSI z77 mobo, and 8gb of ddr3 corsair @ 1600mhz
November 7, 2012 12:31:14 AM

redeemer said:
1. Turn off your computer then hit clear CMOS button on your motherboard. Load up defaults then reboot, enter bios and configure.

2. Is your 6pin/8pin power on your video card hooked up?

3. Is your Ram installed correctly?

4. Is your bios updated?

5. Is you CPU power connector connected?

I found the clear CMOS but its not a button, its a two pronged ... thing.
How do I clear the CMOS this way?
November 7, 2012 12:39:27 AM

Okay i've tried everything listed in this thread besides the clear CMOS (mainly bc I dont know how to clear it if its a two pronged thing.)
My connectors on my GPU are two 6 pins
My CPU power is plugged in (thanks for that, but still didnt fix the problem)
I checked RAM one stick at a time
Took GPU out and tried to boot from board
Assuming BIOS is updated bc I just bought the board
At a loss... any ideas guys?

Update, I cleared the CMOS, Still nothing. Do I have a bad Mobo or CPU?
November 7, 2012 7:33:32 PM

Bump. Any suggestions?
!