Solved

[Homebuilt] I'd like a new cpu cooler or good upgrades.

Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: 50-500$ on stuff with shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Software coding and movie watching

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: CPU Cooler, video card, etc ?

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg, ebay, ncix, directcanada

Parts Preferences: Any

Overclocking: Yes maybe, I'd like it

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Hello, I would like to know if there are some upgrades that could be nice to do on my system. First, I think that my CPU is heating a little bit because I can see the temp going to ~80 degrees sometime when gaming.

This is my system:

Case: ANtec nine hundred two with max fans
Power supply: Antec 750W
Motherboard: P8Z77-V LK
CPU: Intel i7-3770K
GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 560
MEMORY: 4x4 GB G.skills sniper @ 2133MHz
SSD: Mushkin deluxe 240GB
HD: 1.5GB Western Digital green

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I'm upgrading because I'd like to get the best of my system as I know that I've got a good CPU in my hands and some extra money to spend off.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about homebuilt cooler good upgrades
  1. Do you mean 80 degrees Celsius?
  2. Yes.
  3. That's pretty darn hot. You really want your processor to be around 65 MAX. Did you seat the cooler properly when you built the computer?
  4. Deemo13 said:
    That's pretty darn hot. You really want your processor to be around 65 MAX. Did you seat the cooler properly when you built the computer?

Well I used the original thermal paste that was on the oem heatskink from Intel. All I did was to put the cpu in his socket then put the heatsink (with the small layer or thermal coumpound from intel on it)
    Oh and sorry for my english, I use to speak french.
    What are your recommandatons about my whole hardware ?
    Thank you
  5. Any advices to improve my hardware?
  6. Best answer
    I mean upgrading is based on preference. I haven't upgraded my GTX460 because I don't mind the settings I am playing at.

If you want higher performance, then by all means go for an upgrade. If you are content, save up for a whole system upgrade later.
  7. Best answer selected by Itsdarknice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt CPUs Systems