Need opinion on gaming system

jjk1107

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Hey guys I am still new on building computers but I have been researching and reading on any tips/advice I could find online. I compiled a list and was wondering if I can get some opinions, changes, recommendations, etc, for this current system.

I will say that I do like to have a powerful system but I don't want a system with massive fan noise, etc. I am willing to sacrifice some juice to prevent hearing a freight train coming from the system.

CPU: i7-3770k (would like the option to overclock past TurboBoost later, plus looking into future 4+ years)

Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO ATX LGA1155

Cooler: H100 (for the option to overclocking)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU: ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 or EVGA GTX 670 FTW (leaning towards asus for quiet/good cooling)

Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Silver (Too much?)

Hard Drive: 7200 1TB Hard Drive (not as important)

Optical Drive: DVD/CD Driver (not as important)

Any advice is welcome. Even constructive criticism.
Thanks in advance.

If this is solely for gaming purposes, I would recommend the 3570K over the 3770K, as there is close to 0 benefit in terms of performance. You probably won't even see a frame or two.

It's really beneficial to have the i7 when you are doing rendering and 3d work.

Also, 16GB is just way way too much RAM for a gaming system.

Do you plan to SLI in the future?

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
^+1.
I suggest you spend the money you'll save from swapping CPU and downgrading RAM elsewhere like a 128gb SSD for the disappearance of loading screens and faster boot up speeds.

Get the ASUS. Better bang for buck.