Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antec 300 V2

• Other

• Total voters

g-unit1111

Titan
So I have a case that's used in a floater PC that I have that's complete garbage. I'm thinking of getting a new case for my work PC and then using the HAF 912 that it uses now to replace the junk case. The choices I have listed are in the poll, I'm not looking to spend more than $100. I'm considering the 500R as my main choice but if I can't find it for a reasonable price than I shall look elsewhere. I'm open to suggestions as well. Just no Apevia or Raidmax garbage.

mysteryos

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Corsair 500r is my recommendation.

I was once torn between the NZXT phantom 410 and the corsair 500r. Finally i chose the corsair 500r because of well placed air filters which can be easily removed.

However, if dust is not an issue, then go with the NZXT 410. It has the upper hand on style.

g-unit1111

Titan

If I get the 500R, I really want the white one, I love the look of that case. $70 is a definite steal I'll agree there. I think NCIX had the 500R White for < $99 but I don't know how long that deal is good for.

The main thing is I have a floater PC that I use to play a couple of games on (Civ V, and other top-down strategy games because those aren't fun playing on a 42" monitor :lol: ) and for work, and I am ultimately planning to replace the monitor with a Catleap but that's not for another few months, and I want the monitor to sit lower on my desk. The case I have now is some Compucase junk. So I'd be replacing the HAF 912 with a 500R, and the Compucase crap with the HAF 912.

Understandable and +1 to the white version i like it better as well. :D

g-unit1111

Titan

I'll post a picture or two when I get it completed. The floater PC I have is essentially a Frankenputer that's made entirely of old parts I don't really have much use for - the CPU is the old AMD Phenom II 1055 I used to have before upgrading to the 3570K. I'm going to add a Hyper 212 to this thing and conduct some overclocking experiments. :lol: