Help on my gaming PC build? Im new to this...

ragingpikachus

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Hi, Im relatively new to building my own computer process and was hoping someone could double check the stuff I have selected and any tips on what I could adjust...

Heres the line up I have in mind...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mNgv

Another thing I should note is that I already have the CPU, Motherboard, Graphics card, and Tower.

The Graphics card is slightly different however, in that its a 905 Mhz card instead of the listed 950.

I would also like any suggestions for a wireless card and anything else that could help the performance of the computer(i.e. after market fans).

The price for the stuff I still need is roughly 375$ and I have 125$ to still play around with. so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Im sorry if I have violated any forum rules.

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012

You have chosen outdated parts.

-Get an Ivy Bridge i5
-Get a 7870 2GB
-get 8GB of Ram

Post your parts and then we can talk some more. :)

ragingpikachus

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Hi thanks for the reply!
There is a slight issue with the processor and graphics card. I both bought them a long time ago, I believe the Processor was a gift back in 2010 and the Graphics card was bought Feb 25th this year. I can eventually make an upgrade towards the graphics card.

I was also told it was better to have 4 sticks of 4gb of ram rather than running 2 sticks of 8gb of ram. The max on the motherboard is 16gb.

And im not really sure what parts you;re talking about =/.

Sorry im making this difficult this is still rather new to me. I appreciate the help!

FurryTij

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
I love the look of that case, but it is $30 too much for my liking. Go for something else: perhaps NZXT Phantom? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-caph410g1
Also, go for a cheaper keyboard - if you're going for the basic part, go for the most basic - try this http://pcpartpicker.com/part/adesso-keyboard-akb131ub , which saves another $40.
This saves total of $70. Also, RaginPikachus said that 4x4GB RAM is better than 2x8GB, which is not actually true [it's a common myth :(] Anyway, 2x8GB is easier to put in / take out, so allows for more customisability + easier building.

ragingpikachus

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Hi thanks for the tip on the Ram cards!
The keyboard doesn't seem to have many reviews but the two I found stated that it had an issue of sticky keys.
As for the Phantom, the price is very nice, however the shipping and handling is rather expensive 20$ for the cheapest according to the website. The Case in my list I bought at 110~$ due to a coupon that was on it and free shipping and handling.
Thank you for those suggestions however!
I was wondering on your opinion on SDD Vs HDD, Is it a big noticeable difference between the two? If so should I get a SSD over the HDD?
Also any suggestions for a good wireless card for me to use?