ZeldaFan86

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Hello,
My pc has been really noisy for the last few weeks so I decided to take a look inside and see what the noise was. After testing every fan in the computer I have found that one (I have a crossfire set-up) of my 5770's fans are vibrating really badly. I have used different programs to set the speed on the fan lower and that helps a little but not much. I have taken the fan off and cleaned it ( it had a little dust build up ) but that didn't help. Compared to my other 5770 the one I am having troubles with is much louder.

I have seen after-market coolers for graphics cards but I'm not too sure how they work. Are they one size fits all or do I need to buy one just to fit my AMD 5770?

Any help would be great thanks :)

Solution
Did you check if the fins of the fan are striking something nearby? If something is stuck to one of the fins of the fan, it can vibrate due to imbalance.

If you are thinking of changing the fan, Zalman VF950 is a good option for 5770. I have it on my crossfire setup. They are a direct fit and are very quiet when compared to the reference cooler (though in terms of cooling, Zalman v/s reference, there is just a 5-10 degrees difference when the fan is running at same speed in both the setups).

dpp_sunny

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Did you check if the fins of the fan are striking something nearby? If something is stuck to one of the fins of the fan, it can vibrate due to imbalance.

If you are thinking of changing the fan, Zalman VF950 is a good option for 5770. I have it on my crossfire setup. They are a direct fit and are very quiet when compared to the reference cooler (though in terms of cooling, Zalman v/s reference, there is just a 5-10 degrees difference when the fan is running at same speed in both the setups).

Solution