MohtasaUnique

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Hey, I'm having trouble with forwarding my port. My modem is a D3.0 Ubee something or other, and when I look on portfoward.com, it doesn't have my exact modem anywhere on there. I'm unable to access my modem settings, also, by just typing in my internal IP address (which it seems a lot of modem and router brands require this access in order to forward a port), so I don't know what to try next. I haven't been able to google the answer yet, I'll keep trying in the mean time, but I'd also appreciate it if you guys are able to help! Thanks for reading, I hope you guys have the solution.

MohtasaUnique

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Yeah, I'm trying to set up a server for a game called Minecraft. I use to be able to run it perfectly when I'm directly connected to my modem, but one day it went down. I could still connect easily (I assume because it's local?), but the other users complained about major lag and their inability to connect. I looked around, and I checked if my 25565 port was still open with http://canyouseeme.org/ this, and it's not so I figure that's the problem.

nemesis4895

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
I have the same modem, so I know for a fact it does not have an integrated router.
If you have your PC plugged directly into this device, then the port should be open. The modem does not block any ports, if it is still closed then it is most likely a Windows Firewall issue.

If you do NOT plug directly into the Ubee D3.0, then you must set up your router for port forwarding access, in order to assist you with that, we'll need to know what router you have.

MohtasaUnique

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
I have a netgear WNR1000v2 I think, but I don't use it unless I switch to wifi for my xbox. Otherwise, I'm always connected directly to my modem from my computer. I'll look through my firewall, but it shouldn't be hindering it at all, I haven't made any changes, and I've recently reformatted so it should have everything set to default..

Question then, should I connect my computer like this: wall <-> modem <-> router <-> computer? Or will this slow down my internet connection too much to sustain an online video-game server?

nemesis4895

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
If you're running a server, you'll have to forward all the ports through your router. But to answer your question, no it shouldn't... although Netgear doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation for performance or reliability.

MohtasaUnique

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
So I tried to forward my port with my router, and it keeps saying the IP address is incorrect. I'm using 192.168.1.1 like all the tutorials I've read said to. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :/

When I change my IP to static, and I try again with 192.168.1.150, it works, but the port checker tool still says it's closed.

nemesis4895

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Click Start. Go to Run. Type CMD. When the black console windows opens, type ipconfig. The IP that you want to forward traffic to is the IPv4 Address that shows up in there. And yes, if you want to port forward you will need a static IP set. Just make sure the first three octets are same for your router and your PC.

It is possible your ISP has the port blocked, but very unlikely.

Would you be able to post pictures of your current router port forwarding configuration?