What gaming graphics card should i get for cod4

Kathy64

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Hello, my son bought COD 4 and it is lagging on my system. My system is a AMD Athlon 64x2 5600 2.8 Ghz dual core. I have 2 G RAM and it came with the ATI Radeon x1200 series card. I've been trying to figure out my psu but don't know how to do that. How can I figure out which low price graphics card I can get that would work on my system with COD? Thanks.

Kathy64

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Thanks for the answer but I was told that since I'm running Vista it won't ever not lag - is that true? I don't understand what you mean by it's not all that demanding anymore? In comparison to the cards that are out? And does it matter that I don't know my power supply?

Thanks

killerkow

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
For the power supply...

Can you open up the case side panel, look for the (probably) gray power supply box with wires coming out of it, and read the sticker on it? It should give you some info there. You could share the model name/number (or the watts and volts on the 12a rail). Alternately if you computer is a Dell or HP or something, you could share that model, as it may help find the specs online.

For what you were told...

You can play games on Vista fine. I wouldn't worry about that. The video card is the weakest link in the PC.

I think the previous person was just saying that most cheapo $100 video cards can play COD4 because it's an older game now. So you do not have to pay for a $300 card with high power requirements.

If you can't find the power supply...

You can try a card with low power requirements like: Gigabyte 6570 (link). It's much better than the X1200.