Need help finishing the build

kiteohatto

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
So, after looking around some more I decided on some components but I need your help picking the rest.
http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/mPrr

Things I need:
*Motherboard
*CPU cooler
*16gb of RAM
*SSDs

Motherboard:
Im really stuck here, people are saying ASUS bios are amazing and swear by Rampage Formula 4 but then others are saying that they have horrible support if things go bad.
The other option is Sabertooth x79 but again, i have NO IDEA.

Since im spending so much on the cpu I might as well get a really good motherboard, right ? I am also looking at MSI BigBang xpower 2 , BUT its a XL ATX in size and i hear it doesn't have voltage offset unlike asus boards.

Other people are saying just get p9x79 pro/deluxe and be done with it.

The reason why i want a high end motherboard(i think, i may be wrong here) is because i plan on going SLI(16/16)
So, please help me pick a good motherboard for 3930k, I don't plan on pushing the chip to its maximum potential so I might not even need such an expensive motherboard, i'll be happy if my cpu hits 4ghz.

RAM: I really don't have a preference here but i see a lot of people with hyperx or g.skill.

SSDs: Well, this is a really unknown area to me, never had them before, but i hear good things about crucial m4s.

Thanks for reading and all the help!

P.S. I can't edit/delete my previous thread because i don't have permissions, so sorry if im posting so much :p.

kiteohatto

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Alright, i went on and consulted a few people and this is what i came up with http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/mQ3f .How does it look, my only worry is the size of the motherboard now. i scratched the idea of nvidia cards because they gimped the 600 series when it comes to cuda and even then only 1 of my programs uses cuda anyway.

zared619

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2012
I can't see anything inherently wrong with the build. I do have a couple comments.
1. MSI boards are known to show up DOA a little more often than other brands. It isn't by any means a guarantee, and you probably won't have an issue, just be prepared.

2. The Gigabyte 7970 is only £280.55 on scan.co.uk. The sapphire is good, and the Gigabyte is of equal quality. It is also overclocked the same.

Other than that, you should have yourself a very nice high-end build.