Sign in with
Your question

[NOOB] 7850 - Eyefinity

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 11, 2012 3:45:05 PM

Hi there guys.

First off I jumped into things, bought 3 27 inch monitors but didn't know why VGA would be a problem.

I bought a 7850 to go along with it.

I was under the assumption that it was just plug and play.

After a few days of stress and £50 wasted on wrong adapters I have come here to be saved.

Basically, can someone explain to me how to setup eyefinity on 3 monitors.

I will be sending back the monitors I have at the moment and buying new ones.

7850 Eyefinity for Dummies!

What does my card have:

1xDVI
2xMini Display Port
1xHDMI

If someone could link the adapter I need and what I need to plug in I will love you forever.

At the moment I am under the assumption I need to use the DVI and 2 mini display ports but im not sure what adapters I need.

Thanks alot in advance guys!

More about : noob 7850 eyefinity

September 11, 2012 4:21:24 PM

So I need two of those?

Thanks a lot for the quick response guys!
Related resources
a b C Monitor
September 11, 2012 4:24:14 PM

Yup 2 of those or you could use 2 dvi connections and 1 of those your call.

Thent
September 11, 2012 7:07:33 PM

I just bought 2 of these.

Going to use both DP and the regular DVI connection.

That will work right?
a b C Monitor
September 11, 2012 8:18:05 PM

Uh not to burst the bubble but doesn't eyefinity REQUIRE active dongles? The ones you linked are passive. Or to quote from AMD site:
Quote:
As an example, using a passive adapter to connect a DVI monitor to a GPU’s DisplayPort connection will essentially cause that DisplayPort output to communicate with the “language” of DVI. As far as the GPU is concerned, it does not have a DisplayPort monitor connected, and therefore cannot leverage the benefits that DisplayPort enables (e.g. AMD Eyefinity technology).
http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefini...

Anyway I would use 1xdvi 1xhdmi (hdmi to dvi cable $3) and an active dp to dvi adapter.

I use http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004071ZXA/ref=oh_deta... which is active and works.
a b C Monitor
September 11, 2012 8:31:38 PM

This is assuming for eyefinity gaming, for just extended screens the passive will work fine.
!