Blue screen and device driver

May 31, 2004 9:02:26 AM

I have never had any problomes with my computer and with
xp .. But lately i have been getting a blue screen and
the computer restarts and when it comes back up it says
microsoft has had a serious error caused by a device
driver. I restored my computer and it is still doing this
WHY IS THIS how can i find out what driver it is or just
what is the problome thanks
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 31, 2004 5:14:31 PM

Hi

Could you please post the Stop Code that accompanies the BSOD? If you can't
see the screen for long enough:

Right click on My Computer, select Properties and then the Advanced tab.
Then click on Settings under Startup and Recovery and uncheck 'Automatically
restart'. Next time you see a BSOD you should be able to write the Stop
Code down.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User