Blue screen and device driver

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have never had any problomes with my computer and with
xp .. But lately i have been getting a blue screen and
the computer restarts and when it comes back up it says
microsoft has had a serious error caused by a device
driver. I restored my computer and it is still doing this
WHY IS THIS how can i find out what driver it is or just
what is the problome thanks

Hi

Could you please post the Stop Code that accompanies the BSOD? If you can't
see the screen for long enough:

Right click on My Computer, select Properties and then the Advanced tab.
Then click on Settings under Startup and Recovery and uncheck 'Automatically
restart'. Next time you see a BSOD you should be able to write the Stop
Code down.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User