Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I need some help to choose a graphics card for a new custom gaming pc

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 11, 2012 7:58:10 PM

So i found a site where i can buy a high-end gaming pc for a cheap price (the only site available in my country) and i chose one of the custom ones already assembled, the second best on their list:

( 8MB Cache- Quad Core ) Intel Power PCII
Thermaltake Dokker VM600M1W2Z Mid Tower Case W/Single Bay HDD Docking Station + Cooler Master RS-700-PCAA-E3 eXtreme Power Plus 700W
Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz 8MB Quad Core LGA-1155 Original Boxed -

Intel DP67BG w/Sound+SATA+1GB Lan+Firewire+Raid+PCIe+WIFI& Bluetooth Adapter ( NEW VERSION )
Seagate 500GB 7200RPM SATAIII 16MB Hard Drive
2X Kingston 4GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10600 ( 8GB )
LG GH24NS90-24X DVDRW - Dual Layer SATA
Sound Built-in
Gigabyte GV-N560UD-1Gl GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB DDR5 PCIe w/HDMI
LG E2241S Wide 21.5" LED Monitor
Star 120W Speakers Black
Microsoft Wired Desktop 400 USB Key+Mouse Spill-Resistant Design
ER151 Memory Stick Reader 15-in-1 Internal USB2.0 Black
Assembly $10.00 ( included )
PC Discount
$1199.00


So do you think its worth 1200$? And can the graphics card that comes with it run games like Battlefield3 and skyrim on ultra with at least 45 FPS? If not, i have the list of available graphics cards in stock that respect my budget of 250$ max...

Thanks in advance :??: 
a c 198 U Graphics card
September 11, 2012 8:00:47 PM

I wouldn't go for it. Do they have any cheaper ones?
m
0
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
September 11, 2012 8:05:32 PM

Not worth it. GTX 660 which launches tomorrow will cost the same. Also, get i5-3570k instead of i7-2600. Lastly, which country are you from?
m
0
l
Related resources
September 11, 2012 8:12:00 PM

You should let us know the company web site and what country you are in.

That being said, drop the i7 for a i5, spend the extra money on a better graphics card, like a 660ti. You have very little to gain with hyperthreading from an i7. You should get about $100 back from using an i5 instead of the i7.

$1200 seems high, at least here in the US, but not too out of line since you are not building the system yourself. It looks like you are paying about 50-100 over newegg prices, assuming you have US prices. They have to make money somewhere.
m
0
l
September 12, 2012 6:26:47 PM

Sunius said:
Not worth it. GTX 660 which launches tomorrow will cost the same. Also, get i5-3570k instead of i7-2600. Lastly, which country are you from?


Lebanon, Middle East :)  yeah i thought about the i5 instead of i7 cuz its not worth it..
m
0
l
September 12, 2012 6:34:17 PM

ngoy said:
You should let us know the company web site and what country you are in.

That being said, drop the i7 for a i5, spend the extra money on a better graphics card, like a 660ti. You have very little to gain with hyperthreading from an i7. You should get about $100 back from using an i5 instead of the i7.

$1200 seems high, at least here in the US, but not too out of line since you are not building the system yourself. It looks like you are paying about 50-100 over newegg prices, assuming you have US prices. They have to make money somewhere.



Lebanon, Middle East. the site is pcandparts.com ik there not that good on the service level but its the only online computer store in Lebanon.. Maybe in the US, building a pc is normal, but it's a privilege for us over here lol, finally, do you think the site is legit? i kinda tink so...
m
0
l
September 12, 2012 6:37:29 PM

Deemo13 said:
I wouldn't go for it. Do they have any cheaper ones?

yup and pretty good ones too, but i think i'll go with a full system because they offer free shipping for it :D 
m
0
l
September 12, 2012 6:59:16 PM

Should i go with a Sapphire Radeon HD6850 2GB GDDR5 Eyefinity / an Asus Radeon HD7770 1GB GDDR5 / MSI GeForce N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5 (this one looks intresting) and please don't suggest a card with the price of a whole pc lol Btw anyone of you guys have DayZ? Thats the 1st game i'm willing to get after getting a new pc
m
0
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
September 12, 2012 7:42:03 PM

I stick with my recommendation of waiting a few days for GTX 660. It has already hit stores in my country and it costs the same as GTX 560 TI.
m
0
l
!