Very strange thing in my knowledge....plz read

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuk07

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
I have HD 5670 1GB..... :D

I found its not giving display......I remove the monitor from graphics card and plug it to the onboard graphics....Still no display is there....then I remove the graphics card too and restarted my PC and display shows up....and every thing is fine but without graphics card.... :cry:

nothing happened such thing before...i was playing heavy games very comfortably before.....

then I decide to disable what ever is related to PCI in BIOS and plug my card again on my mobo to see if i can start windows with the card plug in with monitor connected to onboard....

BUT NO LUCK THERE AS WELL and this annoys me very much because after disabling graphics card in BIOS it should give Display weather graphics card is in the slot or not...

please provide some guidance so that I could find out where the problem exactly is.... ;)

Solution
Well if you've tried that and still nothing then it sounds like a malfunction of the graphics card, if you've got access to another machine then that's what I would recommend using for now, if the onboard works without the graphics card inserted then it might just be a failed card

CG_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
well I guess start from the most basic fixes, try and flash to the latest bios you can, then start in safe mode with the graphics card removed and completely remove all drivers and driver software

shutdown, reinsert graphics card and start in VGA mode, F8 advanced boot options,

install drivers and software

CG_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Well if you've tried that and still nothing then it sounds like a malfunction of the graphics card, if you've got access to another machine then that's what I would recommend using for now, if the onboard works without the graphics card inserted then it might just be a failed card

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.