Will A 6 Pin Molex Adapter Work for me?

Exactly what brand/model pf a psu do you have?

If a 800w psu does not have two 6 pin pci-e adapters, it is either obsolete, or of such a poor quality that it can's power tw0 6 pin connectors.

In the normal spectrum of 800w psu's you should have no problem,

If it is a cheap unit, you should replace it.

TheBeeMuzza

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Hello, I think it is a ATX PSU or something, i put the GPU in and the fan was spinning etc and it looked like it powered it, just wouldnt display because of the 6 pin adapter that was missing. Hope that helped.

ATX defines, among other things, the dimension of the psu. That is good, since a replacement will be easy if needed.
Your graphics card will not function properly, if at all, without two 6 pin power connectors.
I would just buy such an adapter and see how you do.

Every UL certified psu is required to have a data plate. It should give you the name/model of the unit.
At the very least you need to know the amps or wattage that the unit can deliver to the +12v rails. Not much else matters.
Here is what a quality 800W psu should look like. It can deliver 66a, or 792w on the +12v rails.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139038

Since your psu is working now, it can't be that bad.
But look at the data plate and tell us what you see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
800w with just one 6 pin connector just does not compute.
Either you are reading 800w incorrectly or the unit is of abysmal quality.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really, take a moment now to try to identify the psu.
If it is a really bad unit, it can damage anything it is connected to.
If it is a bad unit, you will want to replace it. and not take a chance of pushing it more.
A decent replacement unit will be $40-$60.

I would resolve this before using an adapter.

TheBeeMuzza

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Okay i am not at home the now, but the PSU was never broke and it was brand new, i have it on already and it was working fine with my OLD gpu, it has 12v+ or something like that(this is off the top of my mind.