BF2 Retail Unranked Server for Win32/Linux for download

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_061705

For windows and linux

"Battlefield 2 Retail Server Files Available
In anticipation of next week's launch of Battlefield 2 at retail, we are
releasing the Unranked server files for Win32 and Linux. ***Be advised that,
as with the demo, servers that are caught allowing users to play with the
unlock weapons using the python workaround will incur a one week ban from
the server list***. While we encourage mod teams to discover cool things to
do with the python scripts, we reserve the right to de-list servers that
find ways to undermine the core features of the game using these tools. We
will be sure to update the community when we do begin punishing a tweak that
falls into this category.

If you are going to tweak the Python files and you are unsure whether you
might be doing something that DICE and EA would consider undermining a core
game feature, please feel free to send a note to BFHQ@ea.com and ask for our
feedback. We want to re-affirm that for the most part anything goes on
Unranked servers."

Lorian.
2 answers Last reply
More about retail unranked server win32 linux download
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

    "Chris Dyson" <dysonc@hothotmail.com> wrote in

    > An update appeared on mine today. The demo is now listed but I can't
    > expand it or see any servers.

    ASE is not allowed to query GameSpy's master server, so servers must be
    manually added by clients. Hit the Insert key while looking at the BF2
    filter. The first retail patch is supposed to add ASE support. I've also
    requested that the ASE developer add some way to submit servers "manually"
    to remove our dependency on GS.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > "Chris Dyson" <dysonc@hothotmail.com> wrote in
    >

    >>An update appeared on mine today. The demo is now listed but I can't
    >>expand it or see any servers.
    >

    > ASE is not allowed to query GameSpy's master server, so servers must be
    > manually added by clients. Hit the Insert key while looking at the BF2
    > filter. The first retail patch is supposed to add ASE support. I've also
    > requested that the ASE developer add some way to submit servers "manually"
    > to remove our dependency on GS.
    Well as of 5:30 pm pacific time, ASE has the listing for the demo
    servers and I was able to get in easily. Hope they work for the full
    game. Cant wait for tomarrow....

Battlefield Games Servers Video Games