Sign in with
Your question

Windows 8 wont boot after failed reset

Last response: in Windows 8
January 31, 2013 6:53:30 PM

okay so i had recently upgraded to Windows 8 32bit by buying it from microsoft (used to run xp) .. i installed it everythings fine.. discovered all of my old files were still on it .. found how you reset the whole computer to factory settings .. clicked it .. put it to load overnight.. i woke up the next day, and saw that it had failed, shut the computer down , tried to start it up again, loads trough BIOS .. a screen comes up saying : "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" .. so i cracked up my computer and disconnected all harddrives except the with the OS .. startd back up.. same thing, i went through every harddrive to see if it had swtched or anything. Still nothing .. tried to download and burn up Windows 8 Recovery rom .. didn't work either.. i have no idea what to do and im a little pissed at the moment any ideas? (PS. Home built computer, been working with Xp without the slightest problem)
February 1, 2013 8:07:19 PM

okay so i changed up my SATA cables just to try, turned out my sata cable to the cd reader was broken so now i got it to work.
m
l
Related resources
!