Need opinions and assistance on my first Gaming System. :)

uncooltin

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Hi,

The following things are what I'm planning to buy tomorrow or even today. xD
All i want to know is if the following parts are compatible with each other, because the last thing i would want is my computer to create a crater in my room. :D

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $188
CPUCOOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO $35
Memory: G.Skill Ares 8GB Kit (4Gx2) DDR3 1600 $44
Storage: Seagate SATA3 1TB BARRACUDA $79
Storage: 2.5 SSD OCZ VERTEX 4 128 GB $105
Video Card: Gigabyte 7870 2GB WF OC $255
Optical Drive: SATA DVD SAMSUNG $19
PSU: Corsair TX 650 $112
Case : Antec 902v3 $127
Network Cable: CAT-6 20M $23

The only thing i have bought so far was the motherboard. Which is a Asrock H77-PRO4-MVP
Crossfire/sli? Probably not anytime soon after build
My budget is currently 1400, and so far, overall is 1374

So all I'm really asking for is, if these following will work together? And any opinions on what i should change is appreciated.

Thank you, Tin

Solution
That'll work fine. If you didn't already have the motherboard, I'd tell you to go with a "k" processor and a z77 chipset to overclock. Since you can't overclock, don't spend $35 on a heatsink. (You can find it lots cheaper too, if you do want it.)

Other than that, everything looks good... though that ethernet cable is way too expensive.
That'll work fine. If you didn't already have the motherboard, I'd tell you to go with a "k" processor and a z77 chipset to overclock. Since you can't overclock, don't spend $35 on a heatsink. (You can find it lots cheaper too, if you do want it.)

Other than that, everything looks good... though that ethernet cable is way too expensive.

Solution

uncooltin

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Haha, i was considering going for a Overclock CPU build, but I hope this CPU should do.
Yes, the cable network here are so expensive :O, also I live in Australia, maybe thats why. :p

I really appreciate the time you have taken to look at my build. Thankyou, MEEEEE