GPU stuck at PCI-E 1.1 x 16 @ 4 1.1

Dokiiz

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
I'm honestly not too knowledgeable in this area, so any help in layman's terms would be awesome. Yesterday I bought Guild Wars 2 and had extremely poor performance in the game with even the lowest possible settings. While it's possible I may not exactly be able to max it, I should definitely be able to run the game smoothly with my system.

Someone suggested to me to check my bus interface speed, and sure enough it was sitting at PCI-E 1.1 x 16 @ 4 1.1. My card supports 2.0 @ 16 and my motherboard does as well. I've checked many old threads I've found on google but none have helped. I've ran stress tests to try to get it off "idle" mode but it remains at this speed. I've updated all of my drivers (at least as far as I know they're all updated..) and I've flashed my BIOS. I've re-seated the GPU and cleaned out the slot. I'm unsure of what to do at this point, any help would be great.

Specs:

Asus P7p55d LE
i7 860 @ 2.8GHz
4 gig DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 Core 216
Windows 7 64-bit

If there's any other information you need just let me know.

Thanks.

Dokiiz

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
959.png

Here's a picture of GPU-Z info.

Dokiiz

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Oh wow, all this time and it's been in the wrong slot. Changed it up and everything seems to be fixed. I can already tell there's a performance boost. Thank you very much!