USB drivers slowing my computer

Hi,

After installing various digital camera USB drivers when
on holiday, my computer now loads slower and when
opening "my computer" the system seems to search for a
device such as a dig. camera. Can I remove these camera
drivers and stop windows constantly searching for them?

Thanks
James
3 answers Last reply
More about drivers slowing computer

    You can unplug them till you need them and Windows won't search for them
    when it starts.

    "James" <jamestaylor_yer@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > After installing various digital camera USB drivers when
    > on holiday, my computer now loads slower and when
    > opening "my computer" the system seems to search for a
    > device such as a dig. camera. Can I remove these camera
    > drivers and stop windows constantly searching for them?
    >
    > Thanks
    > James
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    ??
    Why would I still have them plugged in? They havent been
    plugged in for a week now (they are about 20 000 miles
    from my computer, so aint going to be plugged in any time
    soon). I think it was a pentax and was a pain to install,
    is there a possibility of rolling back the usb 2.0 driver,
    maybe?
    James

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    You can try reinstall the old drivers in "device manager"

    FairMan

    <jamestaylor_yer@yahoo.com.au> skrev i meddelandet
    > ??
    > Why would I still have them plugged in? They havent been
    > plugged in for a week now (they are about 20 000 miles
    > from my computer, so aint going to be plugged in any time
    > soon). I think it was a pentax and was a pain to install,
    > is there a possibility of rolling back the usb 2.0 driver,
    > maybe?
    > James

Drivers Computers USB Windows XP