CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing £26.65

Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 £104.12

Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 £30.96

Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM £52.98

Video Card Asus Radeon HD 7950 3GB £238.55

Case Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower £47.98

Power Supply Corsair 600W ATX12V £54.57

Optical Drive LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer £13.98

so guys what do you think???need opinion on power supply.....i know its too much but later i'm gonna crossfire...if its not good suggest plz but on same price because i'm on a budget
10 answers Last reply
More about approve buying
  1. If you plan on adding another video card later, it would be better to get a higher watt power supply. Your current setup is about 380watts, and adding another video card brings it to 580 watts (according to PcPartpicker).

I know you're on a budget so you could get those 2x4=8gb memory now, and maybe add another 8 gb later.

If it were me, I would spend a little more and get a 128 or 256gb SSD, and add a 1TB HDD later. The solid state drives are so much faster than regular hard drives.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£169.37 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£26.65 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£104.12 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£62.54 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Storage: Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£129.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card (£238.55 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£79.86 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer (£13.98 @ Novatech)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) (£70.45 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £895.51
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

You can edit this list if you want http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/mUSg
  2. oki..thanks a lot!!!
  3. You're welcome! Let me know if you have any more questions. A 128gb solid state drive is a good size to put Windows and some games/programs on if you intend to buy a hard drive later. Personally I decided to go with 256gb ssd and I might not need to buy a regular hard drive for a long time. Unless you download and store lots of videos, those take up lots of hard drive space, but I just watch videos through streaming internet (netflix, amazon prime). Check to see if your SSD comes with a 3.5 to 2.5 inch mounting bracket. If it doesn't you'll need one of those but they are only a few dollars/pounds. It's so you can mount the SSD in your case's 3.5 in hard drive bay.
  4. yeah one more question.....the case is it big enough for the system??and for the future where i'll probably CROSS.....
  5. Yes the case is big enough, I read an amazon review of it where the guy was using 2 graphics cards, so doing Crossfire down the road should not be a problem.
  6. oki...thanks a lot
  7. brandon402 said:
    You're welcome! Let me know if you have any more questions. A 128gb solid state drive is a good size to put Windows and some games/programs on if you intend to buy a hard drive later. Personally I decided to go with 256gb ssd and I might not need to buy a regular hard drive for a long time. Unless you download and store lots of videos, those take up lots of hard drive space, but I just watch videos through streaming internet (netflix, amazon prime). Check to see if your SSD comes with a 3.5 to 2.5 inch mounting bracket. If it doesn't you'll need one of those but they are only a few dollars/pounds. It's so you can mount the SSD in your case's 3.5 in hard drive bay.

The 256gb version also has double the write speed of the 128.
  8. if you could answer me one last question....do i need anyhing else because i'm going to build it my self..i mean like wires or anything at all...really need an answer
  9. All the parts will come with the wires/cables you need. You could if you want get some Artic Silver 5 thermal paste, it is supposed to be a little better than the paste that will come with the cpu cooler, but thats totally optional. Make sure you get Windows 7 home premium 64 bit and not the 32 bit.
    That's about all I can think of, should be good!
  10. thanks a lot....
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems