Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best Hybrid PhysX GPU?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
September 12, 2012 12:39:58 PM

Hello there.

I have a HD 7850 and I want together an extremely cheap card to do PhysX on it. Here are my specs-

i3 2100
HD 7850
1440x900 monitor.
Motherboard that has an extra PCi e 2.1 x16 slot
620W Seasonic M2II PSU

I want a physx GPU that can be found at a very cheap price (50-60).
Or even better, is there a hack that can enable physx on my current card?

More about : hybrid physx gpu

a c 130 U Graphics card
September 12, 2012 12:57:37 PM

You would need hacked drivers to run PhysX with an AMD card in the system anyway from what I have read.

Really If you wanted PhysX then you should have bought a Nvidia GPU.

Mactronix :) 
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 12, 2012 1:09:36 PM

mactronix said:
You would need hacked drivers to run PhysX with an AMD card in the system anyway from what I have read.

Really If you wanted PhysX then you should have bought a Nvidia GPU.

Here in SG, the GTX 660 ti costs $450 USD, whereas the HD 7950 costed only $320 in USD. I went for a $230 HD 7850 cos that was the only thing within my $250 budget.

So could you give me a link to the hacks?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 130 U Graphics card
September 12, 2012 1:19:08 PM

Sorry but I run an AMD GPU and only know from what I have read about the possibility of using hacked drivers to run an Nvidia GPU with an AMD GPU. That was a while ago as well. things may have changed.
Its not I don't want to help but would just be running a search the same as you could to find the info.

Maybe someone who uses that kind of set up will answer ?

On a side note why so keen to run PhysX anyway ? if you don't mind being side tracked that is ?

a b U Graphics card
September 12, 2012 1:36:41 PM

mactronix said:
Sorry but I run an AMD GPU and only know from what I have read about the possibility of using hacked drivers to run an Nvidia GPU with an AMD GPU. That was a while ago as well. things may have changed.
Its not I don't want to help but would just be running a search the same as you could to find the info.

Maybe someone who uses that kind of set up will answer ?

On a side note why so keen to run PhysX anyway ? if you don't mind being side tracked that is ?

You're right... I play Batman AC a lot but since I finished everything, it's probably of no use. I am just buying for the sake of buying probably lol.
Score
a c 173 U Graphics card
September 12, 2012 1:51:09 PM

Here's toms article on this. Notice that its about 2yrs old. Might be out of date by now but it can be done.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/nvidia-physx-hack-amd-rad...

Of note there is an official driver from Nvidia that forgot to do the check to see if there was an AMD card present. Early 2xx driver if I remember right. They pulled it soon after it was discovered. If you can find a copy of this driver you don't need to do anything other then install it. Because Nvidia forgot to check for AMD cards there is no hack needed to get it to work.
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 22, 2012 3:45:14 AM

Best answer selected by Ravyu.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 22, 2012 9:26:12 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!