Sign in with
Your question

Help with airflow

Last response: in Systems
November 8, 2012 1:27:36 PM

I'm building a new gaming system and i'm having trouble deciding how to orientate fans to get the best airflow.

Because I'm using the Corsair H60 the rear fan must intake air in order to cool the processor and it screws with all my plans for a good airflow.

I'm using the Cooler Master Elite 430 case and this is what cooler master recomands:
http://www.coolermaster.com/upload/product_feature/Web-...

And because of my low english skills, if it's possible, download the picture and place arrows to where the fans shod blow and re-upload it. If you don't have time, text shod be fine to.

Thank you

More about : airflow

November 8, 2012 1:39:21 PM

Simple answer:

Air Enter: Front + Bottom

Air Exit: Back + Top

Quote:
Because I'm using the Corsair H60 the rear fan must intake air in order to cool the processor and it screws with all my plans for a good airflow.

NO. Turn it around to blow out.
November 8, 2012 1:41:16 PM

won't that interfere with my videocard? And, are you sure it shod blow hot air from the case instead of getting fresh air from outside?
Related resources
November 8, 2012 1:46:48 PM

i agree with deadlockedworld. Except i wouldn't use a intake fan on the bottom. I wouldn't put a fan on the bottom at all. According to your pic.. All the bottom fan is going to do is blow the hot air right back into your video card that it's trying to get rid of. (intake in the front. Out in the back and top) It's not about how much air can you get sucked into that thing. It's about how smoothly you can make the hot air exit and be replaced with fresh air.

*Edit* On second thought... An intake on the bottom might not be bad. :/  it'll push the air from the psu and vid card up and out the back and top. But.. I still hate the idea.. :/  thats where most of your dust and crap is going to come from. Vacuum for the loss.
November 8, 2012 3:22:21 PM

nofearskill said:
won't that interfere with my videocard? And, are you sure it shod blow hot air from the case instead of getting fresh air from outside?

The CPU cooler pulling hot air from the case and blowing it out is better than heating the air before blowing it in. This is maybe a little less efficient for the CPU, but keeps the case as a whole cooler.

Bottom/side fan is optional. PSU will take up most of the space anyhow. You have filters for it that will protect PC. Heat rises, so help it rise out the top, don't fight it!
!