Need a <$200 gaming led monitor, suggestions?

I have my custom pc on the way, need to order a nice gaming monitor for under $200. have any good deals / suggestions ? thanks a lot
11 answers Last reply
More about need gaming monitor suggestions
  1. bawlern1 said:
    I have my custom pc on the way, need to order a nice gaming monitor for under $200. have any good deals / suggestions ? thanks a lot


    ASUS puts out some nice monitors. Most LCD with LED backlight, and the best are 24". Here is my personal favorite under $200:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153

    My ultimate favorite though is the BenQ XL2420T. Unfortunately, it has a $400 price tag. Twice your budget.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014270&Tpk=benq%20xl2420t
  2. do you want the most speed or do you want the best image quality? pick one

    best image
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236292&Tpk=pb238q

    fast speed. not the best image though
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236174
  3. Here is a 2ms 1920 x 1080 monitor that is pretty cheap

    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=38845&vpn=VH236H&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1368
  4. Poltregeist said:
    ASUS puts out some nice monitors. Most LCD with LED backlight, and the best are 24". Here is my personal favorite under $200:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153

    My ultimate favorite though is the BenQ XL2420T. Unfortunately, it has a $400 price tag. Twice your budget.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014270&Tpk=benq%20xl2420t

    i second the asus vs series, they have an excellent picture for a TN panel, i got the 21.5" version of it for about $130 on amazon
  5. Anonymous said:
    i second the asus vs series, they have an excellent picture for a TN panel, i got the 21.5" version of it for about $130 on amazon



    I ended up picking up a led at best buy, quality seems ok - do you think its worth ordering the asus instead and returning this one ?

    Acer - 23" Widescreen Flat-Panel LED HD Monitor

    Model: S230HL ABII SKU: 4979838

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Acer+-+23%26%2334%3B+Widescreen+Flat-Panel+LED+HD+Monitor/4979838.p?id=1218587042084&skuId=4979838&st=acer%20led&cp=1&lp=1
  6. It looks alright, really comes down to if YOU like it. Just see if you think the quality is good and how it looks in the position (angle + offset) you play at.
  7. Poltregeist said:
    It looks alright, really comes down to if YOU like it. Just see if you think the quality is good and how it looks in the position (angle + offset) you play at.



    I'm coming from being on a laptop for the last 5 years, not sue what it's supposed to look like lol - if the asus is a better quality buy than I would like to know so I can return this one (acer)
  8. bawlern1 said:
    I'm coming from being on a laptop for the last 5 years, not sue what it's supposed to look like lol - if the asus is a better quality buy than I would like to know so I can return this one (acer)


    I meant aesthetically, like the general look of it. The Asus is only 1" wider so not much difference there, same resolution, and the response time (2ms for Asus vs 5ms for that Acer) doesn't make a difference either. So just stay with that Acer, should serve you well.
  9. What is laptops resolution? just for comparison. if it was 720p you wont see a world of difference at 1080p. however anything lower than 720p its like a whole new experience.
  10. nah. 768 vs 1080p was like day and night
  11. wasnt for me, i was going off personal experience.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Monitors LED Monitor Systems Product