Old WoD

Can anyone let us know how it all officially ended? We can't get the ending
novels, and we tend more towards crossover WoD-style games, so we're really
curious as to how they crossed everything over in the end of it all.

Tony Wyrmraker wrote:

> Can anyone let us know how it all officially ended? We can't get the ending
> novels, and we tend more towards crossover WoD-style games, so we're really
> curious as to how they crossed everything over in the end of it all.

They didn't.

Cross everything over, that is. Vampire's ending was pretty much just
Vampire, Werewolf's ending was pretty much just Werewolf, and Mage's
ending was pretty much just Mage.

Actually, where it says "ending" up there, it'd be more accurate to say
"endings." Each big end of the world hardcover had four (or five, in
the case of Ascension) different ending scenarios for the gameline, all
of which contradicted each other.
--
Stephenls
Geek

"Stephenls" <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Tony Wyrmraker wrote:
>
> > Can anyone let us know how it all officially ended? We can't get the
ending
> > novels, and we tend more towards crossover WoD-style games, so we're
really
> > curious as to how they crossed everything over in the end of it all.
>
> They didn't.
>
> Cross everything over, that is. Vampire's ending was pretty much just
> Vampire, Werewolf's ending was pretty much just Werewolf, and Mage's
> ending was pretty much just Mage.
>
> Actually, where it says "ending" up there, it'd be more accurate to say
> "endings." Each big end of the world hardcover had four (or five, in
> the case of Ascension) different ending scenarios for the gameline, all
> of which contradicted each other.

Were there any happy endings? ;)

- David Prokopetz.

David Prokopetz wrote:

> Were there any happy endings? ;)

In one of the Vampire endings, every vampire on earth dies except for
maybe some of the PCs, who get turned back into people if they refrain
from pissing God off. That's pretty happy. (And it is, in fact, the
developer-preferred ending.)

In one of the Werewolf endings, the Wyrm and the Weaver are healed and
retreat from the world for a while to let it recover. That's pretty
happy. (It's the "The Weaver initiates the Apocalypse" scenario.)

In the big official metaplot happy Mage ending, humanity Ascends, and
it's portrayed as being pretty damn happy.

So, yeah, there are happy endings.
--

In the borning days of the third millennium, Stephenls wrote:
>In one of the Werewolf endings, the Wyrm and the Weaver are healed and
>retreat from the world for a while to let it recover. That's pretty
>happy.

Except for the part about 99% of humanity dieing and the rest being reduced to
something slightly above Homo Erectus. Those of us who thought the
Technocrats were pretty close to being right weren't that keen on that ending.

(although it beats being eaten by the Wyrm or frozen into stasis by the
Weaver.)

--
Brian Merchant (remove 'remove' and 'example' from email)

Puritanism didn't keep the puritans from sinning, it just kept
them from enjoying it.
--Father Joe Breighner
Country Roads

Brian Merchant wrote:

> Except for the part about 99% of humanity dieing and the rest being reduced to
> something slightly above Homo Erectus. Those of us who thought the
> Technocrats were pretty close to being right weren't that keen on that ending.

> (although it beats being eaten by the Wyrm or frozen into stasis by the
> Weaver.)

I should have clarified -- that's pretty happy /for Werewolf/. We are
talking about the game that opens with the Prophecy of the Phoenix.
--
Stephenls
Geek
"I'm as impure as the driven yellow snow." -Spike

I do apologize, my first post wasn't very clear. For the hardcover books, I
have read all of the possible endings, but what I meant to say (and didn't
say it too clearly to begin with, I admit, my bad ;P) is has anyone read the
novels to see what endings they had there? Because I e-mailed White Wolf to
find out their "official endings", and they told me that I had to read the
novels to find out, and nobody is carrying them anymore that I can find.

Thanks for all the answers though, I do appreciate it.

Brian Merchant wrote:
> In the borning days of the third millennium, Stephenls wrote:
>
>>In one of the Werewolf endings, the Wyrm and the Weaver are healed and
>>retreat from the world for a while to let it recover. That's pretty
>>happy.
>

> Except for the part about 99% of humanity dieing and the rest being reduced to
> something slightly above Homo Erectus.

No problem. Feed them some tree-of-life root and they'll be better than
ever!
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]

"Mmm! Power lines and paint chips! My childhood ROCKS!" -- Fighter,
8-bit Theatre

"Richard Clayton" <reZIGclaytonZIG@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Brian Merchant wrote:
> > In the borning days of the third millennium, Stephenls wrote:
> >
> >>In one of the Werewolf endings, the Wyrm and the Weaver are healed and
> >>retreat from the world for a while to let it recover. That's pretty
> >>happy.
> >

> > Except for the part about 99% of humanity dieing and the rest being
reduced to
> > something slightly above Homo Erectus.
>
> No problem. Feed them some tree-of-life root and they'll be better than
> ever!

Bastard, you beat me to it ;)

Have you already read Ringworld's Children? Better than Throne, at least,
but I feel Engineers is the best part of the series.

--
Gieljan
<remove BZZ to reply>

God tells us in the book of Genesis, right after Noah's Flood, to eat
everything under the sun. Those who ignore his instructions are no better
than godless heathens.
-- Jeffrey Steingarten, "The man who ate everything"

Gieljan de Vries wrote:
> "Richard Clayton" <reZIGclaytonZIG@verizon.net> wrote in message
>
>>Brian Merchant wrote:

>>>Except for the part about 99% of humanity dieing and the rest being
>
> reduced to
>
>>>something slightly above Homo Erectus.
>>
>>No problem. Feed them some tree-of-life root and they'll be better than
>>ever!
>

> Bastard, you beat me to it ;)
>
> Have you already read Ringworld's Children? Better than Throne, at least,
> but I feel Engineers is the best part of the series.

Not yet I haven't. Thank you for reminding me.

::clicky clicky Amazon.com::
--

In the borning days of the third millennium, Richard Clayton wrote:
>Brian Merchant wrote:
>> In the borning days of the third millennium, Stephenls wrote:
>>
>> Except for the part about 99% of humanity dieing and the rest being reduced to
>> something slightly above Homo Erectus.
>
> No problem. Feed them some tree-of-life root and they'll be better than
>ever!

mmmmm....yams....

So, does this mean the Pak Protectors are Weaver spirits?

(And just for the record, Pak breeders were austalopithecenes.)

--

Brian Merchant wrote:
> In the borning days of the third millennium, Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>>Brian Merchant wrote:
>>
>>>In the borning days of the third millennium, Stephenls wrote:
>>>
>>>Except for the part about 99% of humanity dieing and the rest being reduced to
>>>something slightly above Homo Erectus.
>>
>> No problem. Feed them some tree-of-life root and they'll be better than
>>ever!
>

> mmmmm....yams....
>
> So, does this mean the Pak Protectors are Weaver spirits?

NOW you're just being silly. (^_^)

> (And just for the record, Pak breeders were austalopithecenes.)

Homo habilis.
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]

"Mmm! Power lines and paint chips! My childhood ROCKS!" -- Fighter,
8-bit Theatre

In the borning days of the third millennium, Richard Clayton wrote:
>Brian Merchant wrote:
>>> No problem. Feed them some tree-of-life root and they'll be better than
>>>ever!
>>

>> mmmmm....yams....
>>
>> So, does this mean the Pak Protectors are Weaver spirits?
>
> NOW you're just being silly. (^_^)

They're resistant to change, really tough, and responsible for humanity's rise
to power. Make them shaped like spiders and I think we have a winner.

>> (And just for the record, Pak breeders were austalopithecenes.)
>
> Homo habilis.

Now I shall have to dip into my Niven collection to see which of us is right.
Oh darn.

--

"Tony Wyrmraker" <wyrmraker@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<cceipe$rfh$1@news.netins.net>...
> Can anyone let us know how it all officially ended? We can't get the ending
> novels, and we tend more towards crossover WoD-style games, so we're really
> curious as to how they crossed everything over in the end of it all.

Actually, I see my first response neglected to answer your question. I
don't recall any crossover in the Vampire book at all; Werewolf
mentions that the leeches have all disappeared, but that's about it.
The Mage book, as mentioned, is the most crossover heavy, featuring
walk-ons by vampires (slaughtering magi in hopes that their blood can
slow the Withering), ghosts, Kuei-jin, and a werewolf. Apparently, all
of these things have to face their own form of Judgment...

Dex