Sign in with
Your question

Advice on GPU for video editing/gaming, Budget $400

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 12, 2012 3:44:03 PM

Hey Guys! Building a new PC for editing/gaming and looking for advice on the GPU (and any other of my specs if you all have some great ideas!

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This Week

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Video editing on Adobe Premiere CS6, Gaming (SC2, Borderlands, FPS), Photoshop, Surfing the web, encoding and such

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: None yet (building new system)

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: i7 3770k, ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77, Corsair 750w PSU, Samsung 128gb SSD, 16gb RAM

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg, Amazon, I live in AZ

PARTS PREFERENCES: None but prefer one that I wont have too much trouble with and takes advantage of the APPS I use.

OVERCLOCKING: No, NO SLI or Xfire

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 2560x1440

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Want to be able to edit h.264 seamlessly, and also game at highest settings in most games and still be future proof for a good few years.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
September 12, 2012 5:06:18 PM

Thanks! I am looking to have something very balanced. I will probably edit more than game, but I want to be able to play games such as BF3, Crysis, SC2, and any newer DX11 games that come out. My editing needs are not as huge as I dont work with too many layers, but would love to cut transcoding times down and effects processing times WAY down.
m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
September 12, 2012 7:17:45 PM

the gtx 570 would be a perfect fit for you...it is still a very powerful gaming card and it does well in CUDA applications as well.
m
l
!