Bluetooth, PC Suite and Toshiba Laptop

Hi

Has anyone successfully got Nokia PC Suite (v6.4) on a Toshiba laptop
to connect to their Nokia 6230 using Bluetooth? I get a connection
between the phone and the PC, but PC Suite does not seem to find that
and therefore does not connect to the phone.

If you have any instructions on exactly how to do this, I would be
most grateful.

Thanks

Robin
2 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth suite toshiba laptop

    "Robin" <rws2@thesmallwoods.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Has anyone successfully got Nokia PC Suite (v6.4) on a Toshiba laptop
    > to connect to their Nokia 6230 using Bluetooth? I get a connection
    > between the phone and the PC, but PC Suite does not seem to find that
    > and therefore does not connect to the phone.
    >
    > If you have any instructions on exactly how to do this, I would be
    > most grateful.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Robin

    Are you pointing Nokia Connection Manager (Control Panel) to the correct COM
    port (as per your BT driver)??

    --
    Antz
    Part of the UKtm family

    It seems, that Toshiba uses Extended Systems bluetooth drivers. If there is
    'Blue Manager' software, then you cannot manage your phone with any external
    phone management software. There could be only one solution:

    1) Uninstall bluetooth drivers for your bluetooth
    2) Install Windows XP Service Pack 2. There are built-in native Microsoft
    bluetooth drivers in Service Pack 2 for Windows XP.

    If you aren't sure, how to do this, please, contact your dealer's technical
    service centre.

    After native bluetooth drivers installation, your phone should function with
    Nokia PC Suite and Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Our
    program uses the same bluetooth service, as Nokia PC Suite, therefore, there
    shouldn't be any troubles with connection.

    You can download the most recent version of Oxygen Phone Manager II here:
    http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, Robin!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 29 Nov 2004 04:04:36 -0800
    from address rws2@thesmallwoods.com:

    >Hi

    >Has anyone successfully got Nokia PC Suite (v6.4) on a Toshiba laptop
    >to connect to their Nokia 6230 using Bluetooth? I get a connection
    >between the phone and the PC, but PC Suite does not seem to find that
    >and therefore does not connect to the phone.

    >If you have any instructions on exactly how to do this, I would be
    >most grateful.

    >Thanks

    >Robin

Nokia Bluetooth Toshiba