Bluetooth, PC Suite and Toshiba Laptop

Last response: in Brands
Share
November 29, 2004 7:04:36 AM

Hi

Has anyone successfully got Nokia PC Suite (v6.4) on a Toshiba laptop
to connect to their Nokia 6230 using Bluetooth? I get a connection
between the phone and the PC, but PC Suite does not seem to find that
and therefore does not connect to the phone.

If you have any instructions on exactly how to do this, I would be
most grateful.

Thanks

Robin
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 11:45:12 PM

"Robin" <rws2@thesmallwoods.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Has anyone successfully got Nokia PC Suite (v6.4) on a Toshiba laptop
> to connect to their Nokia 6230 using Bluetooth? I get a connection
> between the phone and the PC, but PC Suite does not seem to find that
> and therefore does not connect to the phone.
>
> If you have any instructions on exactly how to do this, I would be
> most grateful.
>
> Thanks
>
> Robin

Are you pointing Nokia Connection Manager (Control Panel) to the correct COM
port (as per your BT driver)??

--
Antz
Part of the UKtm family

It seems, that Toshiba uses Extended Systems bluetooth drivers. If there is
'Blue Manager' software, then you cannot manage your phone with any external
phone management software. There could be only one solution:

1) Uninstall bluetooth drivers for your bluetooth
2) Install Windows XP Service Pack 2. There are built-in native Microsoft
bluetooth drivers in Service Pack 2 for Windows XP.

If you aren't sure, how to do this, please, contact your dealer's technical
service centre.

After native bluetooth drivers installation, your phone should function with
Nokia PC Suite and Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Our
program uses the same bluetooth service, as Nokia PC Suite, therefore, there
shouldn't be any troubles with connection.

You can download the most recent version of Oxygen Phone Manager II here:
http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Robin!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 29 Nov 2004 04:04:36 -0800
from address rws2@thesmallwoods.com:

!