Graphics driver crash on first run after boot

TipsyTiger

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
I've been having a problem for a while now where my graphics driver crashes on the first run of any 3d application after start up. For example, the first game I run after I've booted will always crash. From this point onwards however, everything is fine until I shut down and boot up again. The problem has recently started to get worse whereby my computer will completely crash (audio will get stuck and loop) and I'll have to restart again, hoping that the next time it won't crash. I've all but given up on any hope of finding a solution for this. No internet search has helped me thus far (been searching without results for about 6 months). Would really appreciate any help, thanks.

System specs;

Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4ghz
Gtx 580
corsair dominator gt 2 x 4gb
asus p8p67 deluxe
ocz 850 watt 80 plus gold
Windows 7 ultimate - service pack 1

TipsyTiger

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

I've gone through various driver updates (official & beta drivers) , even making sure to do clean installs to see if the problem would go away. Unfortunately they have not fixed anything and the problem persists.

uuasnyder

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
I have the exact same issue. I haven't gotten the full on crash, but I do have one video driver crash after boot up when playing a 3d game. I have reseated everything connecting to the MB. Does the OP have anything new?