How can I get PCI card Slot Number in my WDM driver?

Dear All,

How can I get PCI card Slot Number in my WDM driver?
Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Leon
1 answer Last reply
More about card slot number driver

    You can't because in WDM you don't need it and there is no facility to
    provide it. IRP_MN_START gives you both raw and translated resources. Your
    next argument then will be because you need to uniquely identify the card by
    using the slot number, but that is bogus thinking since the numbering of the
    PCI adapter connector has no standardization across or within OEMs.

    This has been discussed a plethora of times and the answer always, you
    can't, and poor design if you depend on it.

    --
    Gary G. Little
    Seagate Technologies, LLC
    "leon" <jin.xin@advantech.com.cn> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > How can I get PCI card Slot Number in my WDM driver?
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Leon

Drivers PCI Device Driver Microsoft Windows XP