How can I get PCI card Slot Number in my WDM driver?

a b \ Driver
June 2, 2004 6:35:13 PM

Dear All,

How can I get PCI card Slot Number in my WDM driver?
Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Leon
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 2, 2004 6:35:14 PM

You can't because in WDM you don't need it and there is no facility to
provide it. IRP_MN_START gives you both raw and translated resources. Your
next argument then will be because you need to uniquely identify the card by
using the slot number, but that is bogus thinking since the numbering of the
PCI adapter connector has no standardization across or within OEMs.

This has been discussed a plethora of times and the answer always, you
can't, and poor design if you depend on it.

--
Gary G. Little
Seagate Technologies, LLC

!