Geforce GTX 600ti Horizontal lines during gameplay?

Phalanx114

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Hello,

I recently built a new rig from the ground up, but I have noticed faint, almost shimmering horizontal lines across the screen as I play certain games.

It is most noticable in Starcraft 2 (only during cutscenes for some reason), The Witcher 2, and GTAIV. The lines are so faint that most of the time I can just overlook them and play, but I wanted to be sure that nothing is wrong with my system or anything like that.

Here is my system: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Mobo
NVidia Geforce GTX 600ti
8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
1TB HD
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Heatsink
Corsair TX650M Power Supply

I don't know if it is merely a graphical problem that Nvidia will sort out with new drivers, or if it is a problem on my end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

jimb0b360

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Sounds like dead pixels in the monitor! Not good. Get in touch with the manufacturers. See if you can notice it in anything other than games. It might just stand out in Starcraft because of the contrast (dead pixels show up white, Starcraft is dark). Might not be though... If not I have no idea!

Phalanx114

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

Thanks so much - that fixed the problem!

I realized that I was still using my old VGA cable from my old computer, despite the fact that I could have been using either a DVI or HDMI cable instead. Once I switched to DVI, the problem vanished.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Phalanx114

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

Thanks for the reply - I'll look at my monitor settings.