Sign in with
Your question

GTX 670 4GB Superclocked 30 FPS on 3D? :(

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 12, 2012 6:02:13 PM

just spent a lot of money on the 670 4gb superclocked for 3D gaming but alas, 30 FPS in world of warcraft 3D and only 70 FPS in 2D I say only because my GTX 560 runs world of warcraft in 2D at 90 FPS. I tried a slightly more demanding game Guild wars 2 and in 3D I was getting 40 FPS and in 2D about 80 FPS ....again my GTX 560 ran guild wars 2 in 2 D around 100 FPS in the same area of the map to do a more accurate comparison as if there's a big battle im not running 100 FPS, both games were roaming around in the city and such, so I didn't really put them to the test as im visiting my dad out of town where I bought the n ew monitor and gpu. 306.02 beta are the drivers used for both gtx 560 and the 670 4gb. no I did not use the exact same drivers :p  i did a seperate download for my new gpu and installed those ones. Also on a side note my microsoft arc keyboard wireless started acting up weird since my new monitor and gpu. I type something and 10 seconds later it finally types. i switched the wireless usb thingy with another and its working so far. I just hope I didn't waste all that money for nothing. the 3d is beyond words and im so happy with that aspect of it but the performance is lacking and i blew half a grand hoping i could at least get 50 ish fps in wow and guild wars 2 as that is what i was gettin with a 560 and now i have a superclocked 4gb 670 and im not seeing the difference :( 
PS nvidia drivers are weird 560 gtx drivers and 670 are appearantly both supported but when you individually pick the specific one the size of the file isnt the same
also using dual link dvi-d if anyone is curious, havent bothered with hdmi 1.4 as it didnt come with one and i heard you can only get 720p on 3d
September 12, 2012 6:12:53 PM

Quote:
n ew monitor and gpu

Your answer is in your explanation. I would bet you now have a better higher resolution display. Thus lower FPS for higher resolution display.
m
l
September 12, 2012 6:16:42 PM

andrewcarr said:
Quote:
n ew monitor and gpu

Your answer is in your explanation. I would bet you now have a better higher resolution display. Thus lower FPS for higher resolution display.

1920x1080 27" asus mt276he was my older monitor the new one is same resolution but its 120 hz not 60 hz
so you mean the lower fps doesn't mean persay im gettin lower performance? sorry im just new to the whole 120 hz and 3d thing
m
l
Related resources
September 12, 2012 6:26:12 PM

As long as the 2D benchmarks compare to benchmarks you see online (for similar setup's & games!) then you should feel better/more at ease.

Of course, switching over to 3D will hit the fps significantly - especially if you have the highets levels of eye candy on. I'm not sure if is is the 50% drop you see, however, active shutter 3D method by NVIDIA may well cause this - someone else might chip in to confirm if this is the case.

m
l
September 12, 2012 6:30:00 PM

yeah 3d right off the bat i knew would hit my fps hard which is why i went and got a half decent card. once i actually get home i might try regular drivers and not beta ones to see if that works. my in game settings are pretty high for 3d but even in 2d with the same settings as my gtx 560 had im not really noticing a difference in performance, will do more testing as I said when i get home at least its playable for now just worried that my card isn't strong enough to run 3d on high settings for world of warcraft and guild wars 2
m
l
September 12, 2012 6:33:22 PM

Are you sure every setting is the same. When you said new monitor I assumed higher resolution. If their both 1080 then they should be the same there. Check to make sure AA is on the same setting as it can have a huge affect on performance.
m
l
September 12, 2012 6:34:04 PM

What CPU, etc?
m
l
September 12, 2012 6:37:02 PM

8 gb ram g.skill ripsaw
i5 3570 stock
corsair tx 750 m power supply
p8z77 vl-k motherboard
and yes every setting is the same i havent changed them at all, just swapped out the monitor and gpu , loaded up the drivers and away i went.
m
l
!