ATI TV Wonder and WinXP?

mkn100

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2001
Hi everyone,

I am thinking to get the ATI TV Wonder for my WinXP computer. I have couple of questions:

1. Does the card work under WinXP? Stable?
2. How does the TV picture on the monitor look like? Is it better or worse compare to a TV?
3. Any reason not to buy this card?
4. Recommendation?

Thank you all in advance!
Mike

ycs46241

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2001
<font color=green>ati supports xp here is web site<font color=green>
<A HREF="http://support.ati.com/products/pc/tuners/atitvwonder_drivers.html" target="_new">http://support.ati.com/products/pc/tuners/atitvwonder_drivers.html</A>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
This is a universal driver that works on all versions of Windows. However, this version isn't stable under Windows 98/Me but runs perfectly in 2000/XP. I've tried it in all versions.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

I just got my TV Wonder today and installed it on my XP system. For the most part works great. At first i just got a fuzzy screen but I checked ATI's website where they say to change from 16 bit to 32 bit colors before you start the tv tuner. So it works now. The only thing is I can't download the listings for guide+ it gives me an error message. Any ideas anyone? About the picture quality. When I set it to 640x480 or at fullscreen it looks kinda fuzzy but I'm not sure if that's because of the input signal or what. And also I haven't used any other tv tuner cards so nothing to compare it to. Obviously I haven't used it much yet but the reason I bought it was because of the digital VCR and the fact that you can put clips off of your camcorder on your computer. Hope that helps.
Alex

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I have a geforce2mx and a tv wonder and if you have a nvidia card dont get the tv wonder, under xp its not stable but i had no problem under w2k with the combo. if you have a nvidia card get a hauppage.

sean74

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
i think i had the same problem with guide+ downloading. for some reason if i open guide+ first, (while the t.v. is off) it would work, but if i tried opening it while the t.v. was already open it would give me like 2-3 error message stacked up on each other saying access violation or some crap.

if you switch both the t.v. tuner and the guide+ program to windows2000 compatibility mode it works fine

i'm really impressed with the t.v. program under xp other than that. the "t.v. pane" in internet explorer is pretty damn neat, and if you run guide+ in win2000 compatibility mode it will show a scrolling list of shows currently on that you can click on to change the t.v. too.

imo ati does a great job at designing their t.v. software, it's just too bad they can't ever get stable drivers out the first try. (first set sucked, first directx8 set sucked, the win2k set is mediocre (the capture quality sucks) but they just released a new version today, so maybe it will work without dropping frames)

G

anybody can help me out please?
Those ATI multimedia applications won't run under user profile in winXP. If i right-click on them and run as Administrator, they'd run. Are there any ways i can set up so that the programs will run under user profile? Thanks

TRENDING THREADS