Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Do you think this would be a stable safe setup?

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
November 8, 2012 10:14:05 PM

AMD CPU's are terrible for gaming.
Score
November 8, 2012 10:21:01 PM

samuelspark said:

Why? And most of the videos I have seen using AMD'S seem to perform really well without OC.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 113 B Homebuilt system
November 8, 2012 11:03:54 PM

samuelspark said:

I remind you that deliberately giving false information violates forum rules. If you make such a claim you had better be able to back it up.

roccofrommor, no modern CPU is terrible for gaming. Normally, you can get better value from Intel CPUs these days. Much depends on your budget and what kind of games you play.

The FX 6300 is going to run hotter and consume a lot of power, but in some games it can be a better performer than the i3-3220... so it might be a good choice. It is absolutely NOT a TERRIBLE choice.
a b B Homebuilt system
November 9, 2012 12:02:34 AM

no really its ok i think he is right the 8120 at 4.7ghz bottlenecks my 670 pretty bad in cpu intensive games like bf3

now the cpu's are very nice and i like it just it is not the best in games like bf3 and games like gta but games like crysis its does just as good as any i3 processor
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
November 10, 2012 12:20:49 AM

Proximon said:
I remind you that deliberately giving false information violates forum rules. If you make such a claim you had better be able to back it up.

roccofrommor, no modern CPU is terrible for gaming. Normally, you can get better value from Intel CPUs these days. Much depends on your budget and what kind of games you play.

The FX 6300 is going to run hotter and consume a lot of power, but in some games it can be a better performer than the i3-3220... so it might be a good choice. It is absolutely NOT a TERRIBLE choice.

Gaming, AMD <<< Intel . It's not false information. It's the generally accepted fact..

Only AMD CPU that stands a remote chance against an Intel CPU is the FX 4300 against the i3 3120.

And how does the FX 6100 give more performance than the i3 when the FX 8120 does worse than the FX 4100 in gaming.

Score
a b B Homebuilt system
November 10, 2012 1:44:57 AM

I love AMD its just their cpu's are made more for budget editing and not gaming
Score
a c 113 B Homebuilt system
November 10, 2012 4:30:31 AM

Lets start with Tech Spot's review of the FX6300

Quote:
Meanwhile, the FX-6300 was 17% faster than the i3-3220 in synthetic benchmarks, 44% in application tests, 30% faster in encoding benches and just 2% slower when measuring gaming performance. That's an average of 22% faster than the i3-3220.

With AMD's aggressive pricing, the updated FX series isn't necessarily in an indefensible position against Ivy Bridge when purely comparing speed and price, but it's not exactly an open and shut case either. The FX-6300 may offer 22% more performance than the i3-3220 for about the same price, but our Piledriver-powered test rig also consumed around 86% more power than the Ivy Bridge machine (227 watts versus 116 watts).

http://www.techspot.com/review/586-amd-fx-8350-fx-6300/...

Here is the Anandtech review, but they failed to compare the FX 6300 to the i3 3220, which is the CPU at the same price
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-a...

Hardwarecanucks
Quote:
the six-core FX-6300 is currently one of the best bang-for-buck CPUs on the market and it is poised to blaze a new trail for Vishera.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-r...

I am totally fine saying that the i3 3220 is better in most games than the FX6300, although that statement only includes stock speeds and not overclocking. At normal resolutions and with an adequate GPU any difference is going to be minor though.

Score
a b B Homebuilt system
November 10, 2012 1:11:59 PM

Exactly my point. AMD does not really match up to Intel in gaming. Only in the extremely wellthreaded ones you will get better performance. And with $30 for a cooler, might as well get an i5.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
November 10, 2012 4:38:05 PM

yeah, I have too agree, I have experienced AMD first hand :lol:  and I love it because it works very well in editing and can play games... just it does slack in any games like bf3, gtaIV, and other games that are not well threaded(I know bf3 is but i guess not good enough :/ )
Score
November 19, 2012 11:16:48 PM

Best answer selected by roccofrommontreal.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
November 20, 2012 3:07:08 AM

what did you get?
Score
!