How is my gaming build?

AssassinAzn

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Is this build decent and somewhat cost efficient?
I plan on overclocking in the future... but probably in 2 years.
Can you give me a link to good cheap speakers for computers?
If you have any tips on how to lower the prices please share them.

Build Link:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mYZb

Thank you in advanced. :D <3 ♥

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Expanding on this, it would be slightly cheaper, and you would get DOUBLE memory bandwidth in doing so.

Second I recommend you buy a hyper 212 EVO and overclock right off the bat, there is no reason not to and it is EXTREMELY easy to do.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
both are fine, they both have their own strong areas and no AMD is not more reliable it depends on which manufacturer you buy from

OK, im doing it guys fill out these questions for me so i can see if you would be better off with a radeon or a nvidia

1) What games do you play now?

2)what games will you play eventually do you think?

3)do you like rpg, fps, or mmo type games(roll playing game, first person shooters, massive multiplayer something[world of warcraft])

4)what resolution do you play at right now

5)what resolution do you eventually want and when will you get it(estimate)

6)how long do you want this graphics card

7)does physx, adaptive vsync, and all the other cool "treats" from nvidia really make you want to buy nvidia?

9)do you enjoy to overclock?

10)Do you edit videos?

11)How many things do you like to do at once(so how many things are you doing, for example I usually have at least 4 windows open of chrome with some type of music player open[not very demanding but just wondering])

Please answer all of this, and also what is your budget on a graphics card?

AssassinAzn

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
oh srry lol went to bed kk ima do the survey...

1. Starcraft 2 and skyrim.
2. idk lol
3. I like rts real time strategies
4. 1280, 720
5. idk
6. 4-6 years might upgrade though
7. No because idk what that is.
8. I might want to overclock... but idk how to do it and idk if I will have enough fans.
9. Not much, just for school.
10. usually 6 windows and a 7th with music... and starcraft 2 is running

p.s. you messed up a little on your numbering...
p.s.s. Link:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/n8os

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
yeah go with the 7950, if you overclock it a little you can get pretty close to the 670stock which is better than 660ti, and can max any game... Because you dont care for the physx etc. then yeah i recommend going for 7950 like you just posted, it will last you longer and if your only going to stay at 720 then yeah it will easily last you 3 years and can play anygame(maybe not at max settings in a year or two but you can play it)

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
oh yeah... im not sure if your os will support 32gb(home premium) can anyone chip in here(if no one does go into the windows 7 section and check what version you need to run 32gb) anyways yeah its fine im about to add another 8 for 16, as long as you have enough slots and the right os that can handle it your set to go.

also here is a nice version of the 7950(I know what too look for i spent three months looking at cards :/)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006
^
this one gets really good reviews and I like sapphire, the only thing is that its clocked at a lower clock speed, which you can easily get to 900 by overclocking but im not sure you want too do that