CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60

GPU: Gigabyte windforce GTX 670 2GB

Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache

PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750 Watt

Case: Cooler Master HAF X

Monitor: Viewsonic VX2453MH-LED 24-Inch Ultra-thin Widescreen 1900x1080p Full HD Resolution

Solution
Drop the i7 to an i5-3570k. There's not really a need for hyperthreading for what you're doing, and it saves $100.

The H60 is just about useless. A Hyper 212 EVO will outperform it. Just don't buy a closed circuit water cooler - there are WAY too many moving parts that can fail, and when it does, there's no backup heatsink.

Is your motherboard the sabertooth with the heat shield? Either way, it's silly overpriced, but the heat shield actually hurts thermal capacity.

Unless you really really want it, don't get 16 gigs ram - even 8 is plenty for running a game, photoshop, and 20 tabs open all at once.

The HAF x is overpriced, large, and heavy. Go for a midtower.

Now then. With that sort of budget, and the money I just saved you...

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
You don't need an i7 for gaming. The i5-3570K performs literally the same.

H60 is a waste, there's not much difference in temps with good air coolers. Get the 212 EVO instead.

GPU is good. Though if you want better performance for the same price, get a 7970.

Lose the motherboard. It's an overpriced gimmick.
Feature-wise it's basically the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO and ASRock z77 Extreme6.

This build's budget should be more than enough to fit a 128gb SSD(even 256, actually). You'll want that for faster boot up speeds and loading times for OS and games.

You don't need 16gb of RAM either for gaming and even photoshop. 8gb would be plenty.

The other parts look good to me. I would get a 120Hz monitor though.
Preferably the BenQ for best bang for buck.

Drop the i7 to an i5-3570k. There's not really a need for hyperthreading for what you're doing, and it saves $100.

The H60 is just about useless. A Hyper 212 EVO will outperform it. Just don't buy a closed circuit water cooler - there are WAY too many moving parts that can fail, and when it does, there's no backup heatsink.

Is your motherboard the sabertooth with the heat shield? Either way, it's silly overpriced, but the heat shield actually hurts thermal capacity.

Unless you really really want it, don't get 16 gigs ram - even 8 is plenty for running a game, photoshop, and 20 tabs open all at once.

The HAF x is overpriced, large, and heavy. Go for a midtower.

Now then. With that sort of budget, and the money I just saved you, there is NO excuse to not have an SSD. It's the single best upgrade you can do now to make a computer feel faster. From power button to usable desktop will be about 20 seconds - opening photoshop will be less than a second. Get an OCZ Vertex 4, Crucial m4, Intel 520, or Samsung 830/840pro. 128 should be good - put the OS, programs, and any games with long load times on it. (Though try to keep it below half capacity.)

EDIT: Damn excella, you're fast, and with the exact same info. XP ...That being said, would a 120HZ monitor make sense? They're bloody amazing but I can't see a single 670 running at ~100 fps without quality compromises. (Even MMOs you'd have to turn off triple buffering...)

Solution

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
@DarkSable - Yours was more detailed anyway. :p

About the 120Hz monitor, true it shouldn't get anywhere near 120fps on modern games, but it should go over 60 on some, and the 120Hz will increase the fps cap without tearing. Also, no disadvantages on a higher monitor refresh compared to a higher fps. :)