HP Scanner causes restart problem ?

When I installed an older version HP Scanning Software -
HP Precision Scan 1998 my computer - when asked to reboot
would not, just keeps blacking out and restarting ? Would
be grateful for any help on how to upgrade software for
scanner-HP Scanjet 5200c.

All the software compatible with XP can be downloaded from the HP website at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=61254&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228

You probably have older Windows98 software which is not compatible with XP.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"john tidswell" <jtid7380@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> When I installed an older version HP Scanning Software -
> HP Precision Scan 1998 my computer - when asked to reboot
> would not, just keeps blacking out and restarting ? Would
> be grateful for any help on how to upgrade software for
> scanner-HP Scanjet 5200c.

Go to this site and download drivers and software for WinXP to your HP
scanner.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=61254&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=7&submit.x=5&lang=en&cc=us

Fairman

"john tidswell" <jtid7380@bigpond.net.au> skrev i meddelandet
> When I installed an older version HP Scanning Software -
> HP Precision Scan 1998 my computer - when asked to reboot
> would not, just keeps blacking out and restarting ? Would
> be grateful for any help on how to upgrade software for
> scanner-HP Scanjet 5200c.

Actually, there is a built in Windows XP driver for the hp 5200c. If you
don't want to download the updated HP software, you could uninstall the HP
Percision Scan software, and then uninstall the Hp 5200c from the device
manager. Then refresh the device manager and it should reinstall the Windows
XP driver.

--
Tom Aaron

purposes only.'