Need Help unlocking My HD 6950 2GB

gamerkila57

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
I was thinking about trying to unlock the shaders on my Sapphire HD 6950 2GB. i want to know how can i do this. Thx for any help received :)

this is the card i ordered

SAPPHIRE 100312-3L Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR...

Keep getting this error

errorlq.jpg

drums101

Distinguished
you are prolly gonna have to flash the card in DOS...not in windows bc its gonna keep giving you the error that the device ID doesnt match...do you know how to flash in DOS? and perform a force flash? if not here is a link to a decent guide if you have any issues let me know....this is the command for force flash "atiflash -f -p 0 BIOSNAME.rom"

http://www.bjorn3d.com/2010/05/flashing-your-video-cards-gpu-bios/#.UFEdyI2PUjw

also you already have a 6970 BIOS and everything right?

Ohmybad

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
i don't think you can flash a non-ref 6950 specially if it is a newer one... only the first 6950s has the ability...

p.s i think you need a second GPU, to flash flash another card, not sure... i've never done it.

drums101

Distinguished
dont be wherry about the DOS flashing it is actually the correct way to do it...the same as flashing a motherboard BIOS....you cant do any harm seeing that you have the dual BIOS feature. doesnt really seem like you have any other options at this point

drums101

Distinguished
what part are you having trouble on? making a bootable flashdrive? or the actual flashing part? once you make the flashdrive bootable all you put on there is the atiflash and a copy of the original BIOS and a copy of the 6970 BIOS....then you boot into the flash drive and you type in "atiflash -f -p 0 6970BIOSNAME.rom" and it should flash it for you...it not too difficult