USB Driver Needed?

a b \ Driver
June 3, 2004 12:47:39 PM

I am quite ignorant about device drivers and am just now looking thru
the Windows DDK. My question is simple, if I am developing a piece of
hardware that I want to talk to via USB, can I use the USB driver
supplied with Windows XP, which works just fine for my other USB
stuff, or do I have to write a device driver for my hardware?

More about : usb driver needed

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 3, 2004 11:53:30 PM

I'd recommend you acquire Walter Oney's book "Programming the Windows Driver
Model, Second Edition", and pay attention to his USB information.

--
Gary G. Little
Seagate Technologies, LLC

!