USB Driver Needed?

I am quite ignorant about device drivers and am just now looking thru
the Windows DDK. My question is simple, if I am developing a piece of
hardware that I want to talk to via USB, can I use the USB driver
supplied with Windows XP, which works just fine for my other USB
stuff, or do I have to write a device driver for my hardware?
1 answer Last reply
More about driver needed

    I'd recommend you acquire Walter Oney's book "Programming the Windows Driver
    Model, Second Edition", and pay attention to his USB information.

    --
    Gary G. Little
    Seagate Technologies, LLC

    "Dan McLeran" <dan.r.mcleran@seagate.com> wrote in message
    > I am quite ignorant about device drivers and am just now looking thru
    > the Windows DDK. My question is simple, if I am developing a piece of
    > hardware that I want to talk to via USB, can I use the USB driver
    > supplied with Windows XP, which works just fine for my other USB
    > stuff, or do I have to write a device driver for my hardware?

Drivers Hardware USB Device Driver Windows XP