Status
Not open for further replies.

schecterplayer

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
if any of you have read my previous posts about this topid u can find that im havingvery specific and odd problems with my sapphire 6850. from the first day i got it., i put it in my rig and fired it up. to my surprise the computer didnt post and the cards fan spun full speed and did nothing else. i replaced my psu with a 650 watt ocz and still the same happened. the only way i found to make it work is to turn on the pc, i have to flip the switch off on my psu and time it right when i turn it bac on, too quick and the card spins full speed, too slow same thing, its about 2 seconds between switching it off and on. the computer boots fine and all is welll. i only have to do this when the computer loses power. like if its unplugged from the wall. but last two days i was browsing the internet and then black screen, fan spins full speed. its never done this before. i turned it on my special way and it was fine.

wat is causing this??? this is actually bumming me out. i seem to always get a weird abstract problem that no one can solve so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. below is my system specs.

MOBO:biostar ta790gx 128m
CPU: phenomii x4 945 stock
RAM:8 gigs ddr2 corsair dom
PSU: ocz zt 650 watt
Video: sapphire hd 6850

sounds like a bios or a onboard video chipset issue. looked online at your mb there a few new bios they all say beta bios on them..i would try update your mb and see if that helps. the other thing is you have onboard video chipset.
MD 790GX Chipset with ATI Radeon HD 3300 Graphics
try turning the onboard video off. and setting the gpu as the first boot device. if it still acks up then it a bios/mb issue older mb tryingto run a newer card.

schecterplayer

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

hey man great thanks for the info. finally someone who reads and doesnt say " well ur psu is too weak" or some bull like that lol. i have done a bios update on my mobo. i have asked many computer geeks and they all say even if an older mobo has a new card in it will work as long as the requirements are met. really the card works great for the most part. only when the certain things stated in last post happen. the weird thing is the power switch thing to fix it. i only have to do it once. i can turn off the computer leave it for a week and come back and it fires right up

schecterplayer

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

again thanks for the reply. but this far in i have done every single thing recommended to me. so telling me to re install wont do much but i appreciate the help.

schecterplayer

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

litterally as soon as i turn on the pc. i know that when it spins like that... no go. i have to do the power switch thing

schecterplayer

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

i checked that. considering its my third card. i doubt its that. it would have to happen everytime too. i can make it work. it just needs help lol

Status
Not open for further replies.