<$700 PC parts - need help!

So, I am very new to this, and I am getting a computer built, but I need to work out what parts to buy, so I thought I would ask a knowledgeable community for any help about it before I go buy things!

I am starting from scratch and can use all the help I can get!

Approximate Purchase Date: Not until I know what to get!

Budget Range: Up to around 700 (would prefer lower if possible)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, music recording,

Are you buying a monitor: No!

Parts to Upgrade: All

Do you need to buy OS: Yes.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://www.pccasegear.com

Parts Preferences: Any, as long as it is good!

Overclocking: Maybe, not sure if it is worth it or not?

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

Additional Comments: I would prefer it not to be loud.

Why Are You Upgrading: For gaming, work and fun!

Thanks for your time, and I really hope to hear from somebody!
4 answers Last reply
More about parts help
  1. The performance of an SSD is far more important for system responsiveness and data loading time of files/scans/programs then for mere booting time, lol.
  2. Not if you don't download much and turn off your pc instead of using sleep mode. Booting up with a full load of windows 7 security files is slow without the ssd. It's still the main advantage. It's also quiet. This poster has a limited budget, so it's up to him to estimate his space requirements and decide if he wants a better case or motherboard instead of the ssd.
  3. Downloading is hardly relevant because that's bottle-necked by internet speeds, not storage speed. Booting up on a 7.2KRPM HDD or better isn't going to break any records, but you only do it no more than a few times a day and it's not bad. All the time that you are on, you are loading other stuff and that makes a far greater difference than the mere boot speed does.

Sure, it's OP's call, but an SSD is most certainly more important for much more than mere boot speed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems