Need help calibrating my BenQ XL2420T

El Monstero29

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Hey guys :hello:

I just purchased "the greatest gaming monitor ever" and yet as every person who buys one of these realizes BenQ sucks at calibrating their monitors

My question is does anybody know of a good tutorial for calibrating said monitor? I know most of the work is done on the graphics card level and I could also use some help figuring that out too I recently switched from 2 5850's to a gtx 670 so I'm still learning how to use the Nvidia control panel

I found this guide: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/benq_xl2420t.htm

But its meant for amd cards of course :sarcastic:

Basically the biggest problems for me on the Nvidia control panel are the following:

Hue

Saturation

Dynamic Range

Dynamic contrast enhancement

Also do I need to bother with Desktop color settings as well?

Obviously I'm using this monitor to game, no photoshop or any of that, so I'm not SUPER worried about color accuracy I just want my games to look as good as possible :na:

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Btw I hope I put this in the right forum

LevKulago

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Hi,
I was doing the same thing. I am going to assume that you don't keep a spectrophotometer handy at home, so IMHO the next best thing you could do is punch in the calibration settings from here:
www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/benq_xl2420t.htm
Or her
e:
www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1344844562

I do realise that each panel is individual but seeing how far off the mark the default colors profile is I reckon any of these 2 configurations will take you closer to an accurate colors.

Hope this helps.

alexandre94

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

Hi. I saw your post and if you still have your BenQ XL2420T i'd be happy to share my RGB settings with you. I'm quite pleased with my settings : (R:91 G:89 B:99), give it a day and hopefully you'll find it to be neutral color as well. And use defualt Windows settings and Nvidia settings except that you could do like me and put Gamma to : 0.80 and Digital Vibrance to : 60% in Nvidia's Control Panel to compensate for the colorloss from running at 144Hz (P.S Contrast 50-55 on BenQ's Built-In Panel, if any higher it starts to distort hue color, atleast it does for me).

light001

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2012
i have the same monitor, however i beleive they added a new feature to them since i bought mine, the blue light dimmer or something? however i went with the tft settings and the windows color icc profile you can download from them, if you havent tryed this yet let me know and i will post them here. all in all its awesome except the viewing angles :p

Florian Hahn

Reputable
May 18, 2015

I used your settings on my XL2720T and they work great!