Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What do you think about this build guys?

Last response: in Systems
November 9, 2012 9:26:10 AM

I want the best bang for the buck and I am wondering if this is good enough?

CPU: i5 3570K
Mainboard: Z77X D3H
Ram: GSKILL 7SR1600
HDD: WD1TB BLUE
SSD: OCZ V4 128
CASE: Z11
PSU: NZXT 650
SINK: 212EVO
GPU: Gigabyte 7970 OC

More about : build guys

November 9, 2012 9:34:39 AM

That's gonna make an awesome build. Love the Zalman z11 Plus. Such an awesome looking case.
m
l
November 9, 2012 9:39:48 AM

Looks good.
m
l
Related resources
November 9, 2012 9:44:03 AM

I wouldn't change a thing, unless you want to crossfire.
m
l
November 9, 2012 9:44:38 AM

could be better

-took out vertex 4 for samsung 830 since its 20 bucks cheaper
-550w is good enough for a single GPU system
-i used a seagate drive but it hardly matters to me
-the arc midi is a much better case if you ask me
-not sure if you got the gigahertz edition so i threw that in since its worth it

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/n2po
m
l
November 9, 2012 9:47:59 AM

Because I am in Thailand this build is gonna cost me 1400 USD T_T Do you think it is worth it ?
m
l

Best solution

November 9, 2012 10:57:05 AM

Is it worth it? It's your money. The question is will it be worth it to you?
November 9, 2012 6:31:02 PM

Best answer selected by Natb4444.
m
l
November 9, 2012 6:35:25 PM

wanderer11 said:
Is it worth it? It's your money. The question is will it be worth it to you?

That is true haha. However the price of 7970 oc is very close to gtx 670 oc. Which one should i get? The 7970 oc is slightly more expensive and the gtx 680 is just overprice, so help me decide between 7970 oc and gtx 670 oc plz.

I heard that 7970 couldnt play some games due to some bugs, is that true?
m
l
November 9, 2012 6:37:09 PM

Cpu is 3570k btw
m
l
November 9, 2012 8:53:50 PM

Look my build is so similar to your's exept i dont plan to overclock so i got an h77 motheboard.. in my opinion man you dont need to OC unless your video rendering or like 1 out of a million in a game you may lag and need to overclock for 5 minutes.. but you can build a similar build to that with no overclock (which means alot less things to worry about) and you can run games at max smoothly, as well you could have a piece of mind that you're not overclocking stressing out you're system which in turn will last longer.

About the graphics card i would go for the EVGA GTX 670 FTW version. its intel which is obviously better and that graphics card will blow any game out now and to come for at least a year. If you want to future proof you're build so that you will have 2 GTX 670's that will last for another year. IMO go with intel and go with a motherboard that support dual video cards its the smartest move. IMO
m
l
November 9, 2012 9:38:31 PM

pgerv said:
Look my build is so similar to your's exept i dont plan to overclock so i got an h77 motheboard.. in my opinion man you dont need to OC unless your video rendering or like 1 out of a million in a game you may lag and need to overclock for 5 minutes.. but you can build a similar build to that with no overclock (which means alot less things to worry about) and you can run games at max smoothly, as well you could have a piece of mind that you're not overclocking stressing out you're system which in turn will last longer.

About the graphics card i would go for the EVGA GTX 670 FTW version. its intel which is obviously better and that graphics card will blow any game out now and to come for at least a year. If you want to future proof you're build so that you will have 2 GTX 670's that will last for another year. IMO go with intel and go with a motherboard that support dual video cards its the smartest move. IMO

Yes, that sounds so good, thank you for sharing this. By the way, is my motherboard support dual video cards? And about overclock, i heard that 3570k should be overclocked otherwise get the non-k version. Is this statement right?
With my specs, does overclocking to 4.4 will do any harm?
What if i overclock it just to extend its limit but will not use any video rendering but will just let it download file from internet over night? Would that sill be ok?
m
l
November 9, 2012 9:40:54 PM

Sorry for my bad english. What i meant is, will the overclocked pc be working as overcloked with easy task such as mmorpg online games and download bittorrnt over nights?
m
l
!