Sign in with
Your question

8 TV Setup To Run Multiple Powerpoint Presentations

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 13, 2012 8:35:08 AM

Hi,
I would like some advice on setting up 8 TV's from one PC to run different powerpoint presentations on each.
I have never done this before and would like to know what the best way to set it up.
This is for a local catering business that want to convert all the menus to digital enabling them unlimited possibilties for changing prices and adding new offers etc. The distance from the PC (when I build it) to the furthest TV is 30ft. Sound isnt really needed.
My main questions are:
What graphics cards do I need?
Do I use HDMI or DVI or both?
Is it better to use monitors instead of TV's or do it not matter?
Is there any software I can use to administer all the displays from one interface?
Will the quality be degraded running 8 displays all at once or will the graphics card handle it ok?

I will be happy to answer questions to fill the missing gaps regarding the setup.

Thanks
a b U Graphics card
September 13, 2012 10:43:23 AM

Quote:
What graphics cards do I need?

Pretty much this, but only if you can get it, because...it got discontinued, daaaamn....>_<
What the hell, Sapphire!? What the hell...
a b U Graphics card
a b x TV
September 14, 2012 8:36:08 AM

You should try your planned setup first with two monitors, because I don't think it will work this way. You can not run 8 instances of powerpoint with different ppt's on 8 screens from one PC.
If you want to set it up yourself, try to get one cheap/used laptop per screen and attache them to your network. Now you can start a picture viewer in full screen mode and load the pictures from a server / your PC. You can create the pictures right from your powerpoint.
Related resources
September 14, 2012 8:48:30 AM

Yea I found that I can only run 4 displays from one PC so I will buy 2 graphics cards and crossfire them if thats possible. I can convert the presentation to wmv but I dont think most TV's will play them from USB. If I convert to AVI I still cant get it to play but I think its to do with the resolution they are converted to.

February 24, 2013 2:54:11 AM

The easiest way I found to do that is with a small software called Monitors AnyWhere.
You can find it here: http://www.monitorsanywhere.com

It lets you run up to 20 different content channels from a single PC. I've used it for 6 different PPT presentations...
Good Luck :) 
!