Exalted Questions. Blood and Salt, as well as Autocthon.

First, the more general one: when did Autocthon get exiled? Surely
after the Malfeans "died", since he's very aware of Soulsteel.

Second, the map in Blood and Salt. Is it just me, or is the map
rather...inaccurate? As well as empty, since there seems to be quite
a few major cities that don't really have a location on the map.
Also, a further nitpick...from the way the map was drawn, how can you
follow every river upstream and get to the River of Queens?

"Zane Graves" <maltlick@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> First, the more general one: when did Autocthon get exiled? Surely
> after the Malfeans "died", since he's very aware of Soulsteel.

In GoD, it mentions that while he was asked to stay as an honored member of
the Court, Autocthon was afraid that the US and the rest of the gods would
do to him what they did to the Primordials, so he left on his own.

It seems to me that the Death that was given to the Primordials was meant in
part to be a form of binding - when a Primordial is normally killed, they do
not so much die as *change*, and often retain memories of what they were
before they changed. It seems that in the creation of the Underworld, the
Unconquered Sun and the Maidens created an unchanging, duty prison of
eternal slumber for those Primordials.

CB

"Intelligroove"
> "Zane Graves"

> > First, the more general one: when did Autocthon get exiled? Surely
> > after the Malfeans "died", since he's very aware of Soulsteel.

> In GoD, it mentions that while he was asked to stay as an honored member of
> the Court, Autocthon was afraid that the US and the rest of the gods would
> do to him what they did to the Primordials, so he left on his own.

Time and again, I wondered why I put that book into storage while I
planned to run an Exalted game.

> It seems to me that the Death that was given to the Primordials was meant in
> part to be a form of binding - when a Primordial is normally killed, they do
> not so much die as *change*, and often retain memories of what they were
> before they changed. It seems that in the creation of the Underworld, the
> Unconquered Sun and the Maidens created an unchanging, duty prison of
> eternal slumber for those Primordials.

But that much kinda seemed obvious from what we've known. Hence, why
death was in " ".

Intelligroove wrote:

> It seems to me that the Death that was given to the Primordials was meant in
> part to be a form of binding - when a Primordial is normally killed, they do
> not so much die as *change*, and often retain memories of what they were
> before they changed. It seems that in the creation of the Underworld, the
> Unconquered Sun and the Maidens created an unchanging, duty prison of
> eternal slumber for those Primordials.

There's at least one way listed to kill a Primordial with Sidereal
Martial Arts. Other methods no doubt exist.

Killing the Fetich will just change the Primordial, but while the Fetich
is a part of the Fetich, the Primordial is also apart from it in some
fundamental way. Their existences are inherently paradoxical in many
ways.

--
Elizabeth D. Brooks | kali.magdalene@comcast.net | US2002021724
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG

Julie d'Aubigny wrote:

> Intelligroove wrote:
>
>>It seems to me that the Death that was given to the Primordials was meant in
>>part to be a form of binding - when a Primordial is normally killed, they do
>>not so much die as *change*, and often retain memories of what they were
>>before they changed. It seems that in the creation of the Underworld, the
>>Unconquered Sun and the Maidens created an unchanging, duty prison of
>>eternal slumber for those Primordials.
>
> There's at least one way listed to kill a Primordial with Sidereal
> Martial Arts. Other methods no doubt exist.
>
> Killing the Fetich will just change the Primordial, but while the Fetich
> is a part of the Fetich, the Primordial is also apart from it in some
> fundamental way. Their existences are inherently paradoxical in many
> ways.

You might also be able to kill a Primordial more permanently by
destroying its Fetich with Ghost-Eating Technique or a more powerful
derivative Charm.
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]

"Mmm! Power lines and paint chips! My childhood ROCKS!" -- Fighter,
8-bit Theatre

Richard Clayton wrote:

> Julie d'Aubigny wrote:
>
> > Intelligroove wrote:
> >
> >>It seems to me that the Death that was given to the Primordials was meant in
> >>part to be a form of binding - when a Primordial is normally killed, they do
> >>not so much die as *change*, and often retain memories of what they were
> >>before they changed. It seems that in the creation of the Underworld, the
> >>Unconquered Sun and the Maidens created an unchanging, duty prison of
> >>eternal slumber for those Primordials.
> >
> > There's at least one way listed to kill a Primordial with Sidereal
> > Martial Arts. Other methods no doubt exist.
> >
> > Killing the Fetich will just change the Primordial, but while the Fetich
> > is a part of the Fetich, the Primordial is also apart from it in some
> > fundamental way. Their existences are inherently paradoxical in many
> > ways.
>
> You might also be able to kill a Primordial more permanently by
> destroying its Fetich with Ghost-Eating Technique or a more powerful
> derivative Charm.

Other ways no doubt exist.

--

Julie d'Aubigny wrote:
> Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>>Julie d'Aubigny wrote:

>>>There's at least one way listed to kill a Primordial with Sidereal
>>>Martial Arts. Other methods no doubt exist.
>>>
>>>Killing the Fetich will just change the Primordial, but while the Fetich
>>>is a part of the Fetich, the Primordial is also apart from it in some
>>>fundamental way. Their existences are inherently paradoxical in many
>>>ways.
>>
>> You might also be able to kill a Primordial more permanently by
>>destroying its Fetich with Ghost-Eating Technique or a more powerful
>>derivative Charm.
>
> Other ways no doubt exist.

Without question. I was just tossing up an idea.

I suppose you could also drag a Yozi's Fetich kicking and screaming
down to the Mouth of the Void and toss it into the Abyss; having your
primary soul fed to Oblivion can't be fun.

On the other hand, I am sure the Deathlords would be interested in
intercepting such a move. Holding a Demon Prince's Fetich hostage would
make for some interesting plots...
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]

"Mmm! Power lines and paint chips! My childhood ROCKS!" -- Fighter,
8-bit Theatre

> You might also be able to kill a Primordial more permanently by
> destroying its Fetich with Ghost-Eating Technique or a more powerful
> derivative Charm.

Is it possible to kill a Primordial like this?

It seems that Primordials, as opposed to Spirits and Gods, are *special* in
that way.

It seems that death=change is a theme running through Exalted. Humans, in
Exalted, change when they die into a newer and less powerful form - they
reincarnate and are reborn as children with no memories of their prior
lives.

Think about it :)

CB

Intelligroove wrote:
>>You might also be able to kill a Primordial more permanently by
>>destroying its Fetich with Ghost-Eating Technique or a more powerful
>>derivative Charm.
>
> Is it possible to kill a Primordial like this?

Given that Ghost-Eating Technique is explicitly stated as the method by
which the Exalted "slew the enemies of the gods," it seems a reasonable
inference.