Dual GTX 660s or Single GTX 680

zawmbee

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
This question has been bugging me for a long time.
I've been given the option to either get Dual 1.5gb GTX 660s (NOT TI) or a single 2gb GTX 680.
I enjoy playing games like BF3 on the maximum possible settings and recording, and I'd just like to know which of these would do the job better.

hey bud your help is needed here someone is thinking of buying your card i need help because i know very little about it other than what reviews claim http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/369901-33-7970-lightning#

Get GTX 680 ASUS DCU II TOP for its high factory overclock, improved cooler,heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better Chil controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards. It looks aggressive to me and indeed is quite a monster!Once you own it you realize :eek:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
the general rule is to go for the best *single* card solution you can afford, and if more power is needed then you can just buy another card. going sli from the the get-go limits further upgrade choices down the road and issues such as the aforementioned micro-stutter and driver issues are inherent with sli set-ups.

so in this case, the 680. but the best buy is 670.

zawmbee

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Sorry, I'm not very tech savvy so some of these posts seem to be in a foreign language.
But from reading these posts I've gotten the main idea which is that the single 680 is far better and dual 660s are just overpriced.

Now, my question changes a bit:
With the GTX 680, what fps would be expected on the maximum possible settings for BF3?