Amd gaming system 600-700 need First build

Approximate Purchase Date: Near future

Budget Range: 600-700

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

Are you buying a monitor: no

Parts to Upgrade: Everything

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon,Tigerdirect,compusa,

Parts Preferences:

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Hey im playing battlefieldplay4free,minecraft,tf3,bf3,

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading:My pc sucks at gaming
12 answers Last reply
More about gaming system build
  1. Why not the fx 4170 or the 8320
  2. Here you go, be sure to take advantage of the combo discounts and rebates! :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($129.00 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill REDBONE ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Rosewill Green 630W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($51.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($89.99 @ CompUSA)
    Total: $685.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-09 11:10 EST-0500)
  3. The FX-4170 is a last generation CPU and in almost every way inferior to the 4300 since the Piledriver series can be considered a big update from the former.

The FX-8320 won't fit in his budget.
  4. k thanks
  5. The build excella listed is really good, but I'm really not a fan of Rosewill's Green-series power supplies. I'd be much more inclined to pay the difference and get a reliable unit instead (XFX Pro Series, Rosewill Capstone, etc).

If that's a hard $700 cap, then I'd suggest switching the FX-4300 for a Phenom II X4 965BE. It's not as fast as the 4300, but it's $40 less (certainly not $40 slower, though).
  6. no its not hard i can go maybye 50-60 bucks over
  7. Righteous. I'd take that list excella posted, and replace that power supply with either this XFX PRO450W Core, or this Rosewill Capstone 450M if you'd prefer a modular power supply. The XFX should be about $10 more, but it offers a $10 rebate. The Capstone will be about $20 more, with no other discounts.

Those power supplies are manufactured by Seasonic and Super Flower (respectively), who are known for high-quality, reliable units. The Green is manufactured by ATNG which is known for making cheap, shoddy power supplies.

I don't really have anything else to contribute, so if you've got questions, ask away.
  8. Excellas build is cool but I would swap in an fx 6300 instead of the 4300. its only $10 more and is still in budget and only $2 more with this combo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1098123

You can still use the free shipping promo code. I can parts picker it if you want.
  9. Actually I cant parts picker it because parts picker does not see the combo but it is this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1098123&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=4176827&SID=lyh3i9urjjpu

And excella's parts list without the dvd drive or the cpu. If you go with this build give excella the best answer.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/n4sF
  10. Rosewill Green is fine.
    There have been no known or mass reliability or efficiency issues with it and it has almost maxed up amperage on the +12v rail compared to some other mediocre series lines from other reputable brands.

The reason why it's so cheap right now is because Newegg currently has a promo on it. It's basically a steal.
  11. my suggestion - install windows on the ssd and all other stuff (videos, pcs, downloads and so on) on the 1TB. Save the 40 and add later 160 for a an i5. try to see if you can find some used on ebay
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Monitors Systems Product